Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an '07 ZX-6R, and I bought it brand new. In March 2014, I had to go to jail (long story...) and I was forced to leave it in my garage. I just came home this January (2016), and I was wanting to ride again, but I was wondering what all I would have to do to it to get it running again. I know at the very least it will need a new battery and some new gas. Fortunately, the last tank of fuel I put in it was 105 octane racing fuel, so there is no ethanol in it. Any mechanical advice would be appreciated, guys. Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
12,544 Posts
In addition to battery and fuel:
Change the oil.
Change the plugs.
While the plugs are out, squirt a little penetrating oil into each cylinder and then try to turn it over with the starter and the new charged battery.
If it turns over good and spews out the penetrating oil, you have a fair shot at it running......at least enough to get some carb cleaner into the carbs with the new gas.

With new gas in it, open the drain screws on the bottom of the carbs (all 4 ?) and put the petcock on PRIme.....to get the gas flowing and the bowls flushed out.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts