Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I have a 2003 suzuki intruder 800. I wanted to put floorboards on it but it’s looking like the pegs are a “built in type” is there an easy way to change to floorboards from the pegs? And/or add hwy pegs? I’m only 4’11’’ so I only have so far that I can move them and still reach.
Thanks!!!

·
Super Moderator
13,854 Posts
Two things about that:
Would it help to be sitting a bit farther forward on the seat ?
You can test that with something like a rolled up "face" towel at the back.
I am also "vertically challenged" and have had all of my cruiser seats re-done to sit more forward.

Then......if the peg mounts are welded to the frame, you have to either find boards that will fit those same mounting points OR get some "universal" ones that have their own mounting clamps.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Two things about that:
Would it help to be sitting a bit farther forward on the seat ?
You can test that with something like a rolled up "face" towel at the back.
I am also "vertically challenged" and have had all of my cruiser seats re-done to sit more forward.

Then......if the peg mounts are welded to the frame, you have to either find boards that will fit those same mounting points OR get some "universal" ones that have their own mounting clamps.
thank you!! I’ve got to look closer I’m not sure if they are welded on but looks like it’s more like a whole built in piece. On both sides so we’ll see this week when I go out to play around with her a little :) thanks so much it’s not sitting up so bad as my legs just cramp from being in the same position for a long time.

·
Registered
5 Posts
The pegs aren't welded onto the frame, it's a bracket that goes under the bike and the pegs are attached to the bracket. I'm looking at a similar problem,no fix yet, you can look at pictures of the bracket and pegs by going to ebay and finding footpegs for a vs 800 intruder.
Jim

1 - 4 of 4 Posts