Motorcycle Forum banner

front brake help!!! need reply a.s.a.p

2K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  Rubydee 
BigBad02RM125 said:
ya but there can be airbubbles in the brake line so you keep pouring in fluid as you bleed the brake until new brake fluid has ran through the line and all the bubbles are out...
Did you recently replace the brake pads? If so, why was the brake system opened up, or did you have to replace a caliper or master cylinder? If all you did was replace pads then there should be no air in the brake system, unless you have a small leak somewhere that can't be seen. Have you ridden through any mud/crud lately that could've gotten wedged in the caliper piston? When did this problem start, you say your bike is an '02, have you always had this problem or did it just recently start?

BigBad02RM125 said:
well i bought it in october of 03 than rode it 4 times.. sent it to the shop to get tuned up and the front brake tightened got it back 3 weeks later, went to ride it and the brake was locked so i bled it and it was fine ... until the next week when i went to store it at my cabin for the winter, i had to bleed it before i loaded it onto the trailer and when i got to my cabin i had to bleed it again to move it now (after winter) im going to get it tonight and i know when i go to move it the brake will be locked up so thats where im at...
If everything was fine prior to taking it into the shop, and the service center did some "work" on the brakes, you mentioned the front brake was tightened, then you should take it back to them and have them correct the situation. Not saying that they did anything "wrong" but if the situation wasn't present prior to taking it in for service, but the brake locks up now, sounds like something is out of adjustment. Call the service center, let them know what is happening, give them an opportunity to correct whatever happened. Just explain your side of things, dont yell or swear (that turns them off quicker than anything else), explain that you don't expect to be charged for the service and hear what they have to say. Good luck on getting your bike fixed.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.