Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i noticed recently that i have a slight frontend wobble... when im at just about any speed over 20 mph or so when i let off the throtle or start slowing down if i let my hands off the handle bars but slight tuch them the front end is wobblin and i can see it in the handle bars to. its nothing horible but it seams the longer i dont have pressure on the handle bars the worse it gets... and i have never tried to find out if it would make me crash or not. so im asking if that is normal or if it should be perfectly smooth no matter what speed slowing or accellerating? BTW its a 2002 600 kat with 4800 miles on it

·
Registered
4 Posts
You might want to check your stearing stem bearings to see if they are loose, or it could be your front tire is either low on air or out of balance.

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Hmmmm not really sure unless I rode it. My friend has a 2002 Kat 600 also, and his plastics all came loose (he's kind of strange.....hasn't fixed it). Anyways his front fender was held on by one of 4 bolts and the whole front fairing is loose (he never crashed by the way). Before you panic or spend big $$$ check for something as simple as loose nuts and bolts.

·
Registered
40 Posts
several things can effect the front end.

1) cupped / worn tire
2) out of balance tire / broken belt
3) steering stem bearings loose or wornout
4) wheel bearings going south
5) low tire pressure

a few more, but those are the most common..

it it's wobbling just above 20mph you have a tire issue almost 100% guaranteed

weight came off or wornout, or low press.

·
Registered
13 Posts
sure you wanna ride with no hands at any speed?

·
Registered
8 Posts
I had that problem and it was my tire out of balance. When I put some new tires on it the frontend wobble stopped.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey everyone, new to the site.

I have a '05 C90T with 17,000 miles. I put new OEM tires on last year. Wobbling went away. I went on a 1,500 mile trip and when I got home, the wobbling was back. Checked tire pressure....which was at 36lbs.

Any ideas? Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
12,760 Posts
Hey everyone, new to the site.

I have a '05 C90T with 17,000 miles. I put new OEM tires on last year. Wobbling went away. I went on a 1,500 mile trip and when I got home, the wobbling was back. Checked tire pressure....which was at 36lbs.

Any ideas? Thanks!
Welcome to the nut house. :cool:

It would be better if you opened your own, new thread instead of reviving a 6 year old Zombie !!

Unfortunately sometimes extended road riding can scalp the left side of the front tire because of the crown in the roads.
I had one go bad in just 500 miles last year......but it had 5K on it before that.
Inspect your front tire REAL carefully for cupping.
I think mine might have been caused partly by low pressure......but yours sounds OK.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts