Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need help. I've repaired front forks 5 times already. Do I replace them with OEM parts or from another model bike.

·
Registered
6,902 Posts
Model of bike may help and since you have fixed them five times already I would suspect either the parts are inferior, have been fitted incorrectly or there is other damage to the forks that cause the new parts to fail.

I would be checking them for damage to the stanchions....like nicks or dents and any bends. Same for the lowers.

Good luck

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Model of bike may help and since you have fixed them five times already I would suspect either the parts are inferior, have been fitted incorrectly or there is other damage to the forks that cause the new parts to fail.

I would be checking them for damage to the stanchions....like nicks or dents and any bends. Same for the lowers.

Good luck
Thank you Aussie Steve. Five different shops and they keep leaking so I want to replace the forks.

·
Super Moderator
12,786 Posts
IF.....you really want to get any good, specific advice from anyone........
They need to know the make, model and year of bike you are talking about.
Otherwise this is just a waste of everybody's time.

I suggest that original OEM parts would be less of a gamble.

Then.....if the leak is really slight, maybe you need to stop worrying about it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Good afternoon, good advise and Thank you. My bike is a 2004 Suzuki Marauder VZ800. The forks are extreme soft when they lose the fluid. Its a good bike except for the forks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts