Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have any suggestions on what to replace the stock SV1000S front suspension with or if it can be stiffened? I weigh 190 lbs. and under moderate to heavy braking, the thing nosedives like crazy. Not to mention when coming down from a wheelie, if you're not careful, it bottoms out like a motherf%#ker!

·
Premium Member
20,860 Posts
I would guess that it can be rebuilt with Racetech springs and Gold valves, custom to your weight. Even fresh oil might help.

·
M-J Member of the Month!!
2,758 Posts
Racetech would be my suggestion also. you could also do a swap with a GSXR1000. But that could prove to be expensive. As Clint said, Racetech can customize it to your weight and ridding style.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Thanks for the info. The RaceTech springs for my bike are very reasonable. $109. Do I need to replace anything else or will just replacing the springs with stiffer units suffice? I am completely ignorant when it comes to motorcycle suspensions. How much adjustment is available for the factory front shocks? I bought my bike used and don't have a manual so I haven't attempted any adjustment as I don't want to attempt any changes with something I am not familiar with. Any help in this area would be greatly appreciated. The GSXR1000 swap would be sweet though, and the brake upgrade that would come along with it but do they interchange easily? Aren't the GSXR forks inverted?

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sweet bike. I would love to do a GSXR1000 front end swap but haven't checked on any prices. I assume it would be kinda pricey.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts