Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All, has anybody else changed the fuel filter on the V Star 1100 Classic? If so could/would you describe the job and necessary time? Much appreciated. The 20K service looks pretty easy but I'm not finding a lot of info on the fuel filter. Thanks

·
Registered
13 Posts
We searched it on Youtube today. Just enter "Oil Change Yamaha V-Star 1100" and theres plenty of videos showing how to.

Here's a link you can print out: Tech Tips of the Northern Stars
It's listed in detail how to change it.

Hope it helps.

·
Registered
2 Posts
This is from my Clymer's Manual. Not a real simple service, just a bit tedious. Good Luck.

Yamaha 001.jpg

·
Registered
13 Posts
Cheap and extremely easy. Fuel filters are cheap, 4-8 bucks probably. Time required is 10 minutes at most. I don't recall if you need to take the tank off or not... you might be able to do it without. If you do need to take the tank off, just remove your seat, turn off the petcock and disconnect it, disconnect speedo cable at front tire, remove speedo assembly from top of gas tank (reach under there and disconnect cables), take off the two tank bolts (one on each side, one holding the choke knob), and pull it off. Remove the tubes from your fuel filter, remove the fuel filter (held on by a squishy rubber mount), remove the mount from the old filter and put it on your new one (being mindful of the direction of fuel flow, typically marked on the filter), then reassemble it all in reverse order.
If you can get to it without taking the tank off, just turn off the petcock valve, then remove the filter.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts