Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have GS 1100 Just set Her up with some new Mikuni carbs ! Would like to replace the fuel valve ,on the tank with one that won't need vacuum . Anybody know of where I could find one that would fit original tank.

·
Registered
6,850 Posts
Its not likely you will find a tap that has the same dia thread....an older GS model may fit..due to the fuel valve type being larger than a manual one. Wreckers would be my suggestion.

Good luck

·
Super Moderator
12,597 Posts
Have GS 1100 Just set Her up with some new Mikuni carbs ! Would like to replace the fuel valve ,on the tank with one that won't need vacuum . Anybody know of where I could find one that would fit original tank.
WHY do you want to do this ??
If you can't get vacuum to it easily, just plug the vacuum input and use "PRIme" for ON and any other position for OFF.
The only real drawback of doing that is you will NOT have a reserve anymore.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Easy Rider that's how I'm running it now thought there might be alternative like for NOS.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nitrous So the injection of nitrous oxide into an engine means that more oxygen is available during combustion. Because you have more oxygen, you can also inject more fuel, allowing the same engine to produce more power. Nitrous oxide is one of the simplest ways to provide a significant horsepower boost to any gasoline engine.

·
Super Moderator
12,597 Posts
It is also one of the quickest and easiest ways to turn your engine into a HUGE GRENADE. :oops:

But disregarding the sanity of doing something like that with a stock engine,
what does the fuel petcock have to do with injecting (anything) into the air flow going through the carbs ?

It almost sounds like you don't know how that works.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sounds Like you have not tried it before with your stock V -Twin whatever you like it to be !
All I was wanting was a Fuel valve without Vacuum shut off fit tank . NOS was just talking point !

1 - 9 of 9 Posts