Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2002 Yamaha vstar 1100 classic, i over filled oil and now gas is in oil and starting to make a knocking sound. What do i start with on fixing problem

·
Registered
283 Posts
V-Star 1100 Wiki Knowledge Base open the link and hover the curser over the black bar in the upper right corner. read the first section "new owner must do" first. drain the oil, and why is gas in there. if gas is getting thru the carbs, maybe a float is stuck. sometimes a rap on the float bowls with a screwdriver handle can unstick them. or replacing the float needle is necessary. you can open the drain screw on the bottom of the float bowls and see if fuel continues to flow.. but this bike has a fuel pump so gas should not be getting past it. you need to know why gas is in the oil

·
Super Moderator
12,965 Posts
2002 Yamaha vstar 1100 classic, i over filled oil and now gas is in oil and starting to make a knocking sound. What do i start with on fixing problem
Are you sure that YOU put in too much oil.......or maybe gas is leaking into the crankcase and making it too full ??
Two entirely different situations.....and different approaches to finding the problem.

Note: Why are the new posts all going into the " Motorcycle-Journal Haberdashery: " sub forum ?
Did you do that on purpose ??

1 - 3 of 3 Posts