Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, total newb here....be gentle

RM125 with some aftermarket stuff

My cousin has way too much money and has effectivly dropped his dirtbike hobby... i bought one of 4 of his bikes today.

Have only recently been taught how to ride...and I just need a few points in the right direction.

He told me 40:1
The sticker on the rear fender says 30:1

I mixed 40:1 before i saw sticker....so which is right?
40 or 30?

I'm sure manuf always says one thing....and people sometimes do another.
Help a brother out.
He taught me how to ride a few months ago...and i was never around this type of stuff.... :D I promise i'm not an idiot, I run a forum of my own and figured this would be a prime place to find intellegent life forms.

Thanks in advanced...

· Registered
887 Posts
The 30:1 Ratio is based on using Suzuki CCI oil. If you are using any of the major brands such as PJ-1, Bel Ray, Motul then you can go 40:1 safely. I run Motul at 50:1 but have jetted my bike to suit the pipe and reeds so I do not recommend this for your machine.

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Dave2122 said:
The 30:1 Ratio is based on using Suzuki CCI oil. If you are using any of the major brands such as PJ-1, Bel Ray, Motul then you can go 40:1 safely. I run Motul at 50:1 but have jetted my bike to suit the pipe and reeds so I do not recommend this for your machine.
Man...thats an excellent explaination...

Thanks alot for you fellas taking a minute for me...

· Registered
635 Posts
follow what the bike maker suggests, there are many differend clearances and materials used from one bike to the other. The 30:1 is intended for the mose extream use (Racing). I'm sure it will be fine to mix it at 40:1 unless you ride the poop out of it. I mentioned it once before that there is a product that I use to be able to get that guarentees that you can mix any 2 stroke at 100:1 or they will pay your bill. It's called optimal, if you can't get it and would like it, or like to know some prices or try it, let me know and I'll contact the last place I bought it from and see if they still stock it.

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks TheCHad...

I'm sure it won't be needed since you said "ride the poop out of it"

Cause well the embarrasing fact is....
:shock: <------ newb on motorbike.....

Not skilled at all...
Inch away from death.....
Carefull not to die so far.....
Not extremely confident yet......at all
Only get about an hour or less on it a day if that....and basically just putting around on a flat land and a hill trying to get used to it ... its not the bike i was trained on and has alot more nutz than i'm used to..... that...and the fact that i'm alone on my property instead of under the watchful eye of my older cousin..... 8) what i'm trying to say is......
I'm kinda chicken isht right now...but i'm getting more and more confident as the days go on....

But...when my yang grows....i'll make sure to follow your advise...right now i'm a coward... :lol:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.