Motorcycle Forum banner

101 - 112 of 112 Posts

·
Registered
4,075 Posts
ok.. I am hauling the bike up there.. this lower back of mine would never withstand that long on the back of the busa so I am gonna be a weenie and haul the ol girl on up. I guess I will just find a place to crash once I'm there..

yippeeeee

·
Registered
4,075 Posts
Well.. just informed the boss man that I will be taking time off on those dates.. yup.. he's just gonna have to deal with.. He of course broke down in tears worrying that the office will close down without my presence but I told him he had a month to prepare for my time off.

Man.. its tough being me... sheesh.

·
Registered
1 Posts
If you take all freeways it's 1025 miles from St Paul to Gatlenburg, so add 50 miles from St Paul to St Cloud, and another 30 miles from Gatlenburg to Deals Gap, and you are looking at about a 1100 mile trip, if you really want to you could do it in one day.

Both times I rode down there, I took two days for the trip down, and found that I was able to get far enough on the first day that it only took me half the second day to make it the rest of the way, and I was able to get a short ride in after I checked into my motel.

On one of my rides back I did it all in one day, but it took 18 hours, and I was quite tired by the time I got home.

I wasn't planing on going down there again this year, but lately my son has been showing some interest in making the trip, so if he can afford it, I might be able to go along with you. Put me down as a maybe.
So, if these dates work for you guys then lets do it. I would like to do it in two days since I really don't enjoy being in a hurry on a vacation. I could leave earlier on Friday, swing through MPLS/STP via 94 then maybe we could meet Thundurburd in or around Madison, Janesville, Beloit? Then I39 to 51? I57 to I24 to I75? Maybe there is a better way I just know that I don't want to get anywhere near Chicago!!

·
Registered
4,801 Posts
So, if these dates work for you guys then lets do it. I would like to do it in two days since I really don't enjoy being in a hurry on a vacation. I could leave earlier on Friday, swing through MPLS/STP via 94 then maybe we could meet Thundurburd in or around Madison, Janesville, Beloit? Then I39 to 51? I57 to I24 to I75? Maybe there is a better way I just know that I don't want to get anywhere near Chicago!!
If your interested in a trip to the Dragon you might want to start a new thread on it, this one is 3 years old.

You might also want to fill out your profile so you don't just look like a spamer.

101 - 112 of 112 Posts