Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm currently on a little trip across the states and the cradle is starting to crap out again.

This trouble started in 2008... It's only the sounds that are crapping out, so not crucial, but i like my music. The headphone jack was not working last year, and got a warranty replacement from Garmin last year. I got to keep the old one and it worked all last year's trip and finally crapped out a few days ago.

yesterday I ordered a new cradle online from gpscity (based in las vegas) and it's got next day shipping. I should be here in a few hours. sweet.

I also splurged and got the xm antenna too. might as well have different music when on the road. heh.

i'll give a review of both when i get them set up.

·
Registered
4,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
the cradle is the identical stock piece, and the GXM 30 XM reciever works like a charm. Except in the smoky mountains... kept crapping out.

now i have songs on an SD so that when the satalite signal is lost, i still have music. woot.

·
Registered
326 Posts
If you have another cradle failure, I suggest replacing with a RAM mount.

Are you using speakers or a headset for tunes? I find that unless you have a tight fit, the low-frequency music is all lost on a bike.

·
Registered
4,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have a ram mount!! Heh
It's the audio that keeps crapping out.
I use sports earphones.. The kind that wrap around the ear.. They work well and I have an extension cable from the cradle to my tank bag...
I have no issues with low freq with the sd card... There is low freq loss on the XM though

1 - 4 of 4 Posts