Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Recenty I noticed that my 180cc scooter oil LED sometimes blinks for a second.
The oil level is at max, and to be sure that the oil quality is good, I changed the oil of the engine.

What could the problem be? I am confused because my mechanic told me that it could be an electric fault (wiring or faulty sensor) or it can be also that there is a leak somewhere in the engine.

Any help please?

If someone can tell me where the oil pressure is placed I will try to clean it!

·
Registered
6,790 Posts
How fast do you go round corners and is it then that it blinks? If it is then it is simply the oil surging to one side of the sump and you probably can forget about it.

To find the pressure sender trace the wire to the light thru the harness. The sender will be a small round thing sticking out of the engine somehwere on the case...usually about half way up the crankcase is normal. It may be faulty and is easilly replaced by unscrewing it and fitting a new one. A small amount of oil may come out if replacing it but don't worry.

If its leaking oil then try and GENTLY tighten it... do not overtighten it or you will snap it off. Check the wire is fitted tightly. Other than that there is nothing else you can do to it.

The only other things it could be is a worn oil pump or clogged filter..either internal on the oil pump itself or an external one.

Good luck.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts