Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been around this site since 2005 when I bought my Suzuki M50 and now it is no longer. I went and got a 09 Fatbob! What a great bike!

·
Registered
3,163 Posts
I was seriously considering the Fatbob over the winter and took a look at them in the spring. still my favorite harley, just not quite what i was hoping....somehow i thought it'd be.....bigger?

·
Registered
107 Posts
Nice, what color did you get? Forwards or Mid controls? I have been liking this bike since it came out last year. Local dealer has a Fat Bob rental this year so I think I'm renting one for a day for my birthday present to myself.

·
Registered
722 Posts
congratulations! how is the sound? any pics yet?

my fave is the street bob, who knows i might post something like yours some day:)

enjoy your new ride

·
Registered
3,516 Posts
Congrats. I do like that bike. I test rode one very similiar.

·
Registered
650 Posts
Welcome.. the Harley Davidson is one hell of a machine. It is different then any bike out there and a real plesure to ride. The wife an I do 3 day weekends that hit a thousand miles sometimes. Another one coming up this weekend.........

Ride Safe!!!!

·
Registered
45 Posts
I kept my first Harley for 26 years till I bought another one that's just about as old. Now I have them both. Your bike will become something very special to you as the years pass. I wish I had seen this thread sooner and been able to offer up some fond wishes and best of luck with your bike earlier.

As long as your bike is relatively new you'll be well supported by the dealer network out there. As it gets older it's a different story. We can help you find good indy shops when the time comes.

Pitzz

·
Registered
236 Posts
Congrats on your new ride and welcome to the dark side. I did not get rid of the M and ride once in a while. Big difference and the Harley is a better riding bike.

·
Registered
4,801 Posts
I wonder how many miles the OP has on that FatBob now???

·
Registered
10 Posts
I recently picked up a 2001 Wide Glide but I can't bring myself to part with my 2006 M50. My wife doesnt understand why I need both - but I don't understand why we have "guest only" towels in the bathroom.

·
Registered
27 Posts
One day I will have a Harley... lol

Congratulations on your new toy! I’m so jealous, I wish I could get one, but eventually, is all I keep telling myself lol. So I feel like the road king has a more comfortable Harley seat than the wide glide, thoughts? Has anyone spent a long trip on either, or both? Would replacing the seat help or would it be affected more by the angle at which I sit?

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
Congratulations on your new toy! I’m so jealous, I wish I could get one, but eventually, is all I keep telling myself lol. So I feel like the road king has a more comfortable Harley seat than the wide glide, thoughts? Has anyone spent a long trip on either, or both? Would replacing the seat help or would it be affected more by the angle at which I sit?
Seats are one of those things that are different for every rider,stock H-D seats are pretty good but like any make there are better choices in the aftermarket.
The trick is finding one that is a good fit for you.
That said I've done many hundreds of thousands of miles on stock Harley seats with no real complaints,both the RK and WG have pretty good seats,it's the riding position that is quite different and what works for one person might not work for another.
Best bet is to sit on (and ride if possible)as many different bikes and seats as you can so you get an idea of what fits you best.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts