Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I picked up my 2005 M50 YESTERDAY!!! rained all day like bad, but took her out today and I'm probably in love again lol (G/F was on the bike too). But anyways the guy I bought it from tried to just peel the warning stickers off by just putting his fingernails under and picking n peeling. Needless to say it looks even uglier now with the corners stripped off. But anywho, how can I get the sticker off? Is it just like the other suzuki stickers like some goo gone, heat n a credit card? They just seem a little different and i feel like I wouldn't be able to just use a credit card n heat? Any advice would be awesome. Thanks.

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
Blow Dryer.

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
I took off only the tank sticker, First I pealed off the thin coat of clear plastic and maybe that helped. Then I tried some goo gone and that didn't seem to do anything. Finally I used Goof Off and that worked the best by far. Goof Off softens the plastic and then you can scrap off the sticker with plastic like a credit card or similar.

·
Registered
171 Posts
I started with a plastic knife. Was able lift enough of a corner up that I pulled it off in one piece. Any leftover goo (very little in my case) can be cleaned up with a bit of WD-40.

·
Registered
149 Posts
yep blow dryer or hot water and a rag. the blow dryer works the best just don't keep it in one spot to long. I don't know if it could do it but it would suck if it bubbled your paint. but yeah I used a blow dryer on mine.

·
Registered
27 Posts
+1. If you can remove the clear plastic over the sticker first it makes the entire job easier. After removing the clear plastic, soak in wd40, let stand for a couple minutes. Sticker will rub off with your finger. wd40 to clean up any residual glue. Didn't have to use heat this way. Entire process should take 15-20 minutes.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts