Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

I am thinking about purchasing a GPS tracker for my next trip. I am not looking for fancy satellite-uploading gizmos or SOS beacons, just a simple device you can connect to the bike's 12V socket that records the trip using a GPS. Ideally it would have a OBD2 port that also records engine metrics (like load, throttle position and so on).

In the end I would like to get the track files and overlay them over the video I will shoot during the trip.

Any advice?

Thanks,
Mihai

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi everyone,

I am thinking about purchasing a GPS tracker for my next trip. I am not looking for fancy satellite-uploading gizmos or SOS beacons, just a simple device you can connect to the bike's 12V socket that records the trip using a GPS. Ideally it would have a OBD2 port that also records engine metrics (like load, throttle position and so on).

In the end I would like to get the track files and overlay them over the video I will shoot during the trip.

Any advice?

Thanks,
Mihai
Any updates on this? Did you get a device which does the above mentioned requirements?

·
Still crazy after all these years
14,182 Posts
Why bother? There are plenty of apps for smart phones which will do this without any additional cost. I installed a USB port on my bike (cost: about $15.00) and can keep my phone charged while riding. I use Outdoor Active or Open GPS Tracker to record the route, which I can then export and view in Google Earth.

The days of a separate SatNav device are long past, in my opinion.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts