Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I RECENTLY PURCHASED A 07' GSX-R600 AND LIKE A FOOL LET MY CUZIN RIDE IT AND HE SOME HOW LAID THE BIKE DOWN AND THE FRONT RIM HIT THE CURB AND CRACKED. :lol4: I HAVE ACESS TO A 95' RIM FOR FREE BUT THE DEALERSHIP SAID IT WOULDN'T WORK WHY NOT? DO THEY JUST WANT TO SELL ME A BRAND NEW RIM? PLEASE BE SPECIFIC ON THE WHY NOT PART OF MY QUESTION BECUZ I AM A MACHINIST AND WONDER IF ITS POSSIBLE TO MACHINE A 95' RIM TO FIT AN 07'

·
Registered
754 Posts
I am not sure why it will not fit, but there are a lot of variables like axle diameter, spacer width, rotor size and bolt pattern. I would recommend checking ebay and some racing forums like WERA's site.

If you want new, I may be able to get a decent deal on one.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I am not sure why it will not fit, but there are a lot of variables like axle diameter, spacer width, rotor size and bolt pattern. I would recommend checking ebay and some racing forums like WERA's site.

If you want new, I may be able to get a decent deal on one.
" WHAT WOULD BE A GOOD DEAL?" MOST OF THE SO CALLED DISCOUNT PARTS SOURCES ON THE INTERNET WANT 350.00 TO 460.00 AND THATS A DISCOUNT I CAN'T AFFORD":-(

·
100% Title Free
1,516 Posts
It's possible that the rims from the '04-'05 and up model years may fit, but Suzuki typically refines the design of their bikes every two years. Bottom line is that you want to use the correct rim for the bike. Check on eBay.

Also, don't let anyone ride your bike... ever.

·
Super Moderator
13,854 Posts
Yes I need a motor my water pump broke off the crank case can't bolt up or retread sux so I gotta do it I guess go bigger right
No. If you really think you need to "go bigger", sell it for parts and get a bigger bike.
Based on my experience with a Kaw 600 I-4, NO street bike needs more speed than that.
My Eliminator 600 was "tested" to 120 and still pulling.
Red line was above 12,000 IIRC and from about 7K to 12K at WOT, you didn't hardly have time to blink.
Some days I'm sorry I don't still have it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.