Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone!
This is my first post on here, so I’ll try and do my best.
I’ve been the proud owner of a new to me 2011 Fat Bob 103 for a little over a year now and I’ve decided I need some leather as a new HD owner and lady rider!
After perusing the motorclothes dept. of my local HD dealership I came across a beautiful matching leather jacket and pants set shown in the pics below.
After examining my old motocross gear and my Uncle’s Vanson leather armored jacket he wears on his Road King, I’m having reservations about HD leathers in the functional department.
Most of what I’ve seen in the dealerships is nothing but fashion leather marketed to riders. Soft, thin cowhide and polyester or satin lining with dangerous metal accessories poking out all over.
Don’t get me wrong, I love the look of HD leather clothing and could easily see me wearing this set out to a club or bar for fashion, but would it really provide protection on the bike if I went down on the blacktop?
I’d honestly feel better wearing my Kevlar jeans with my cowgirl boots, I think!
Anyone have any thoughts on this?
I'd love for some veteran riders to have a look at the leathers pictured below and tell me what they think, are they best suited for the Fat Bob on the blacktop or should I reserve them for the bar and nightclubs?
Kind regards,
Hayley
Black Sleeve Street fashion Jacket Collar
Window Blue Sleeve Grey Plant

·
Super Moderator
13,709 Posts
Welcome.

Can't tell without being there but the jacket looks plenty sturdy enough.
But like a lot of " Harley branded" stuff it is probably priced WAY too high.
Go with your gut.

The best protection from injury is good riding skills and practicing defensive riding.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome.

Can't tell without being there but the jacket looks plenty sturdy enough.
But like a lot of " Harley branded" stuff it is probably priced WAY too high.
Go with your gut.

The best protection from injury is good riding skills and practicing defensive riding.
Thanks, Easy Rider!
The jacket is as sturdy as any I’ve seen with the HD logo on it, and you’re right about the price tag haha!
The way I’ve been looking at things is that I’d be protected just as well or better than most cruiser riders wearing this set.
If guys can ride in jeans and cowboy boots and ladies in leather vests, I see no reason why these leathers would be unacceptable!
I also agree wholeheartedly with your statement about riding skills and defensive riding being the best crash deterrent.
Looks like I’ll be breaking these out for next year’s riding season!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts