Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5,197 Posts
You missed the big changes. There are 8 new models, and big changes to the whole line up.

The tour bikes now have auxiliary water cooling, with little radiators in the lowers that provide water to cool the exhaust valve area of the heads. This will solve the 'overheating when stuck in traffic' problem the 103s have in the faired bikes due to insufficient air flow to the rear jug, which has previously been dealt with by the engine management system cutting out the rear cylinder at idle when it gets hot.

All bikes, even the Sportsters, can now be had with an intelligent linked braking system that uses linked balanced braking and ABS above 20 MPH. A new touch screen dash controls the integrated nav/ sound/ communication/ engine readout system that also features little joysticks to control the functions without removing your hands from the grips; the passenger seats are better; and the guages are bigger and easier to read now that the temp and oil pressure guages have been eliminated and moved to the digital touchscreen display. LED Daymaker lights are found on many models also.

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i did miss the sportsters getting the abs option. that is nice. daymakers coming stock on the touring line is also nice.

i didnt see 8 new models.
sportster offerings are the same with abs optional now, dyna are the same ( with engine upgrades on streetbob and super, and the hideous new fatbob tail end ), blackline got dropped from the softtail line, roadglides, roadking classic and one ultra got dropped from touring. what did i miss?

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
looks like the electraglide is staying. they sure condensed the touring line,
No Classic, not happy about that!
First the standard and now the Classic gone,not happy at all.:mad:
I've owned an Ultra, next bike was a Classic because I didn't want all the crap on the Ultra, when I buy again (and I'm overdue ) I want another Classic.

·
Registered
677 Posts
No Classic, not happy about that!
First the standard and now the Classic gone,not happy at all.:mad:
I've owned an Ultra, next bike was a Classic because I didn't want all the crap on the Ultra, when I buy again (and I'm overdue ) I want another Classic.
Did I miss something?? I just looked at the HD website...no road glide? At all? Did they not sell enough of them to keep them around? Guess "condensed" the touring line is a bit of an understatement. I guess all the yuppies want sportster 72s and ugly a$$ fat bobs to ride the 4.7 miles to work and then to the bar after, so they make what will sell...

I'm a bit partial to the classic as well, just enough of the "crap" on there to keep me happy, and none of the REAL "crap" I don't need.

And yes, the fat bob is now hideous. As mentioned above ^ (Shakes head) tsk tsk...

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
Did I miss something?? I just looked at the HD website...no road glide? At all? Did they not sell enough of them to keep them around? Guess "condensed" the touring line is a bit of an understatement. I guess all the yuppies want sportster 72s and ugly a$$ fat bobs to ride the 4.7 miles to work and then to the bar after, so they make what will sell...

I'm a bit partial to the classic as well, just enough of the "crap" on there to keep me happy, and none of the REAL "crap" I don't need.

And yes, the fat bob is now hideous. As mentioned above ^ (Shakes head) tsk tsk...
The RG will be back next year they say, probably haven't finished up the new version for production yet.
No doubt they make what sells, can't blame them for that, I'm sure the Ultra was out selling the Classic and besides they make more money on it.
Still I'm not happy about not having options like 3 levels of trim on the Electra.

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
The tour bikes now have auxiliary water cooling, with little radiators in the lowers that provide water to cool the exhaust valve area of the heads. .
Doc is it water or oil?
Looking under specs on the website it reads "Air-cooled, High Output Twin Cam 103™ with integrated oil cooler"

·
Registered
104 Posts
i really want one of those new Super Glides. but im wary about the touchscreen, the one i played with at the dealership wasnt exactly high quality

·
Registered
104 Posts
i want a bike with a batwing fairing. and having a built-in GPS seems alot nicer than trying to mount one to the handlebars and then wiring to the battery

1 - 12 of 12 Posts