Motorcycle Forum banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
650 Posts
When I bought my Electra Glide in 08 I paid MSRP period. It include first 1000 mile service and 2 hours labor on any work I wanted done. That was before the economy tanked but they are still doing deals at that price. Left overs are less and they still eat the 1000 mile service..................

·
Registered
4,801 Posts
I'll tell ya what,if you have financing outside of the dealer or better yet cash I'd be looking at late model used bikes right now as there's tons of them out there.
Buy an '09 or '10 that's just barely broke in,one that someone has already paid the "Harley Tax" on (stage 1 tune) and bought a transferable extended warranty for and maybe had that expensive 500 mile first service done on.
Said buyer may have lost a job or has other reasons it's got to go and will sell at a loss to get out from under the payments.
just my 2cts.
:plus1:

·
Registered
729 Posts
Thanks for the replys about Harley purchase. I have laid the groundwork for a future purchase, I bought my wife a new Car (SUV) for mothers day. (She doesn't know the whole plan yet though).

·
Registered
12 Posts
Well a dyna has a 96ci engine big twin and a sportster is 88ci plus a dyna has a 6 speed trans vise a 5 speed on the sportster. i have a new 2010 street bob (dyna) they say it a engine with 2 wheels o and there right lots of power. Dyna are great bikes.

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
Well a dyna has a 96ci engine big twin and a sportster is 88ci plus a dyna has a 6 speed trans vise a 5 speed on the sportster. i have a new 2010 street bob (dyna) they say it a engine with 2 wheels o and there right lots of power. Dyna are great bikes.
Just to set the record straight,the Sportster 1200 is 74 cid not 88 cid.;)
The Twincam Dyna grew from 88 cid to 96 cid in 2007.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I think the Super GLide or the Street Bob is the world's best motorcycle value in terms of value x fun / $. I don't think I'd be looking at a Low RIder, mostly just becaue of the 103 engine you get with the new ones, but also because of the custom program the Street Bob has going for it.

·
Registered
578 Posts
With the mag wheels, at least you don't have to worry about spoke adjustment coming loose. Never had a bike with spokes though.

sent via middle finger express

21 - 31 of 31 Posts