Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone installed a Suzuki Lightbar on a Volusia VL 800 or a C 50?

I recently purchased a Lightbar assembly (99950-70276) for a Suzuki Vl 800 (Suzuki C50). When I received the lightbar, the white lightbar connector block was not attached to the lightbar wiring harness (see step 11 in directions). As a result I don’t know which wire goes into which slot (There are two wires -- a black wire and a red wire – and there are two slots - a vertical slot and a horizontal slot)

I could go the trial and error route, but mis-wiring the lights will end up blowing fuses --

If anyone has a yet uninstalled lightbar or simply remembers which wire goes into which slot, please let me know? I would be most in your debt and it will save me the chore of replacing blown fuses

Thank you.

· Registered
556 Posts
The white part of the connector is not supposed to on. It will not fit through the hole in the headlight bucket. Fish the wires up throught the hole in the bottom of the bucket before putting the conector on the end. It doesn't matter which wire you connect... The bulbs don't have a positive/negitive (work either way).

· Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for your response.
Like you I thought it might not matter but as it turned out - it does matter – I went the route of trial and error and blew a fuse. I changed the fuse, switched the wires and the lights work fine.

Again thank you for taking the time to respond.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.