Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13,238 Posts
with as little info as provided - motorcycle headlights (come to think of it, nearly all headlights) have different filaments.

At the minimum, the low beams have burnt out. A blown fuse seems unlikely, a slightly more likely cause would be that both (both, don't know the specifics of this model) happened to blow the low beams at the same time.

Start with replacing one of the headlights

as well as purchasing a clymer / repair manual at a bike shop, not the stealer, a bike shop for about $30 bucks and it will be money well spent in the dividends about things you will learn.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Come to think of it dude? I have the same problem. And I too thought that the low beams were burned out. Until one day they were magically on again! It's very intermitten as well. stay on for a day or so, then be off again!

·
Super Moderator
12,336 Posts
dip switch maybe needs cleaning...spray good old WD40 in it and see what happens
I wouldn't call it a "dip" switch but this is where I would start........with the hi/lo headlight switch and it's connector.
IF the WD seems to fix the problem, then that should be followed up with a flush with alcohol or brake cleaner.

Might be able to "exercise" the switch a bit and see if the low beams flicker at all.

Hondas have a lot of trouble with the headlight contacts in the start switch......but I think that would affect the high beams too.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts