Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I have a 1984 honda shadow v700c, by the way have loved every minute on this bike till recently. I had just put gas in my bike the night before went out the next morning and it fired right up. I let it run for about 5 minutes then jumped on to go meet a buddie. About a mile from the house it sputtered then died, I got it to refire for about 10 sec then it died again and has not fired since. Here is what I have tried with sugg from fellow bikers, I changed the spark plugs, did the spark test on one cyl and had a spark, I removed the gas and put new gas in, looked for broken wires of any kind. Im not a great mechanic so I am lost any ideas im getting so frustrated. Thanks in advance for any help givin.

·
Super Moderator
12,828 Posts
I removed the gas and put new gas in,
Welcome to the forum; hope we can help out.

Did you also drain the float bowls ?

The symptoms you report are typical of getting some "bad gas" but you gotta get it ALL out.

Then, does that model have a vacume operated petcock......and a fuel filter.......and a fuel pump ??

Are you giving the battery a full charge between starting attempts ?

A little shot of starting fluid will sometimes shed additional light on where the real problem might be.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts