Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering who has done this ride to Baker City Oregon. If you can tell me about your experience to this rally. Also, who is going to do this rally again. Please share pictures for all of us to enjoy your experience. I am planning on doing this rally for my first time. Anyone else who would like to know more about it, here is the link (Hells Canyon Motorcycle Rally). This rally begins June 11-14.:) It would be cool to meet up with other members of this site.:D

·
Registered
5,197 Posts
Looks like a nice run- but it is about 3 weeks after I will be riding through that area, so the schedule is all wrong for me.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Looks like a nice run- but it is about 3 weeks after I will be riding through that area, so the schedule is all wrong for me.
Darn!! But that is a long ride to the Pacific Northwest. Are you goin with friends?

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
Haven't been myself but heard nothing but good things about the rally from those that have.
I have ridden the area a great deal,lot's of good riding to be had,mountains and pine country,desert landscapes and of course the Hells canyon area itself is awesome.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Update to Rally

Hells Canyon Motorcycle Rally

To all,

They opend the pre-registration for this rally ride.:p As one of many packages, they are offereing camping at their school ("Camping is at the Baker High School for Friday, Saturday and Sunday nights w/showers. No Alcohol! Shuttle Bus is included. All packets will begin shipping March 1, 2010 so don’t panic!" ).

Just wanting to get a preliminary head count of those wanting to go on this ride.

It sure would be nice to get a bigger metric following and show up those Harley's.:bluethum:

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
HAVENT BEEN TO THE BAKER RALLY YET BUT HAVE HEARD GREAT THINGS ABOUT IT. ANOTHER THAT I HAVE BEEN TO THE LAST 2 YEARS IS THE BRONZE BIKE RALLY IN JOSEPH. HERE IS THE LINK Bronze Bike Motorcycle Rendezvous
Wow!! I had no idea that there was another rally so close to the Baker City rally. Thanks for the info, I have put it in my calendar.:bluethum:

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
There is also the Mini Sturgis in Spokane. That looks like alot of fun too!
Is there a link for me to reference? That would be a really short ride for me.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
As of this Saturday most of the hotels are already booked up.:eek:oops: Your only choice now will be to camp out at the school or some state campground. Don't forget to register at the rally to help the rally out.:bluethum:

·
Registered
722 Posts
We're heading that way but will try to avoid the crowds. Baker City and roads leading to Hell's Canyon are great rides. Barley Brown's Brew pub is a must [on the main drag in Baker City]. South of Burns, the high desert is one of my favorite rides, too.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
We're heading that way but will try to avoid the crowds. Baker City and roads leading to Hell's Canyon are great rides. Barley Brown's Brew pub is a must [on the main drag in Baker City]. South of Burns, the high desert is one of my favorite rides, too.
Well I hope to run into to you. We will be there later Friday afternoon, sometime around 2:00pm. Saturday we will be doing some good riding in the Hell's Canyon area.

Let me know if you would like to hang out at Baker City.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Well its just a few days away for the ride. I did loose quite a bit of riders for this event. I hope that they will be able to do it next year.

I will post pics for everyone to enjoy after this weekend.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Im pouting a bit because i wont be able to make it this year, but out of town guests come first i guess. Maybe next year.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
The trip was a success. I was able to make it there and make with not much trouble. I had some issues with my right mirror vibrating loose. I did scratch and take a big chunk of plastic off my chin spoiler. Speed bumps are not for the chin spoilers.

I will post pictures tomorrow in my photo album. I need my work computer to access the tons of pics from the rally.

This rally was a bit smaller than the Oyster Run, but still had lots of fun. Now preparing for the Oyster Run again.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Just posted pics of the custom bikes that caught my eye at the rally. Will post more pics tomorrow of the ride and the Harley girls.

Remember the pics are in my album.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts