Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Hey dog, no I haven't, but just today I was talking to an acquaintance who does it every year suggested I join him.
I would just love to do it. I've gone over it in a car a few times but I can only imagine how nice it would be on a bike, those huge mountians and twisties overlooking the alantic ocean, oh and the overnight stop at cheticamp for lobster or whale watching and refreshments lol.:leg2:

·
Registered
77 Posts
Me and some work friends take the trip through Cabot Trail every year the first long weekend in August.

Nova, do I know you? lol

·
Registered
77 Posts
Don't forget to pick up some Pizza at the Famous Wabbo's ( in cheticamp ) its a great spot to be. Its only about $ 30 for a whale watching tour that takes about an hour, you get to see Pilot Whales, its worth the outing.

Also, I'd recommend Merry's Motel Cheticamp for any lodging, its a comfy and very affordable stay, the owners are super nice and they offer a nice light continental breakfast.

Geez, I sound like a advertisement ;oP.

The Cabot trail is a wonderful ride if you get lucky enough to make your way through without hitting those low altitude rain clouds that always seem to hover the northern most points of the trail. Bring your rain gear!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well, the Cabot Trail is a long ride, and a long way from here, but if I just want a quick ride with a nice view, I usually go the Peggy's Cove. It's about a half hour from my place, you take a little hike on the rocks, and you ride back.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Atlantic Canada - Trips to Enjoy

Posted from another thread,

There is lots of nice riding through the Alantic Provinces but I can't think of a nicer ride than the Cabot Trail. Anyone know of some nice rides?
The Gaspe Penninsula in my opinion is an even more enjoyable ride than the Cabot Trail, it takes you through almost 1500 km of coastal trail within arms reach of the water, the small fishing communities along the way are great places to stop, stretch and eat some good local food. To make your way around the entire coast and have the time to enjoy it, you need about 2-3 days.

Here are some photo's

Bike Trip - Gaspe 2008 | DrawFlush's Blog

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Talking about the loud pipes through the neighborhood.
Just to be clear, they are NOT THAT LOUD. but the other day I took the baffles out and bombed around the industrial park at lunchtime, and THAT'S LOUD. In any event, I don't think the cops are too fussy about loud pipes around here.

And for anyone running a stock setup, I highly recommend pipes and maybe an FI computer. The bike has a lot more power, and is a lot more fun to ride now.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts