Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I relocated my helmet lock to the back of the license plate holder and if I can figure out how to add photos, I will. Simply stated, I removed the right side nut and bolt, and drilled a 1/4 inch hole through the license plate and holder 1 1/4 inches to the left of the removed bolt. The retaining pin on helmet holder goes into the hole I just created. Flip the nut backwards and into the helmet holder. It fits perfectly. Put the locking nut on the plate side (rear of bike) of the entire license plate holder and plate and tighten. It doesn't fit anywhere else and function except on the upper right hand corner.

So what do you think? Not perfect but it should keep kids from messing with your stuff! The best part is you don't need another key or combination for any aftermarket locks. Yeah baby!

·
Registered
916 Posts
Good job, i've been wanting to relocate mine but I wasn't sure where to move it.

:cheers:

·
Registered
9 Posts
move helmet lock to side of sissybar

Hi!

I decided to move my helmet lock to the right side of the sissybar.

Rather than use any existing holes, I drilled two new holes.

The first hole was for the post on the back of the lock unit and the second hole was to accept a 10-32 screw.

The sissybar is made of white metal which is a soft metal.

I tapped the 10-32 hole but added a 10-32 locknut for added measure, because I feared the threads might strip out.

This location works well for me on my C50T, as the helmet rests on my right saddlebag when locked to my bike.

I didn't think to take pictures during the project:eek:oops:, maybe I can remember to take some this weekend and upload them.

·
Registered
6 Posts
This is a great idea! I like what you did to your helmet lock. I was thinking of locking my helmet to the tail of my bike.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts