Motorcycle Forum banner

21 - 40 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
...and the occasional piece of gravel on the cheek and sand blasting my face and bugs in my teeth, and wind and engine noise blasting at me at over 100 decibels for hours at a time. What's not to love? I guess it depends on where you're riding.

·
Dastardly villain
1,700 Posts
I would also like to try Helmet speakers, I used earbuds last year, worked OK but can get a little sore on long trips.
I really like the idea of an extender cable. Do you have any suggestions for better quality helmet speakers?

Thanks, Dean
I have been using an older version of these speakers. They seem to work well and I have no complaints with them.

SonyStyle.com | Clip-on Headphones

·
Dastardly villain
1,700 Posts
just can't see handlebar speakers to be viable on the m50...maybe the c50 with it's big windshield though....
I don't have a need for a windshield on the marauder and I can always hear the tunes. The kit I got had a mini amplifier with it and the speakers are weather proof.

Products

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
I started this thread. The plan was that I was going to purchase my first full-face helmet, and I thought it would be nice to be able to listen to music while I rode. I've just received the helmet, a beautiful AGV carbon fiber/kevlar Stealth model, and it's very comfortable to wear. However, I notice that it's near impossible to put on or take off for anyone with ears, so I guess this whole speaker issue is moot.:)

·
Dastardly villain
1,700 Posts
did you velcro them into the helmet, or do they seem to tuck in tightly? Did you have to add an inline amp or are they loud enough, right out of the MP3?
Thanks again, Dean
Stuff em in there. You can velcro them if you want. It wasn't a problem for me.

Also, no inline amp. It was loud enough for me.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
I velcroed the speakers with the hook part of the fastener. The inside of the helmet is fuzzy enough to hold the speakers in place pretty well but they can be moved around without too much trouble. I haven't used them when traveling at high speed, but I think I'm going to need an amp. The volume needs to be pretty high, at idle or low speed.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Purchased through Amazon:
Upbeat Audio T613-BNC Boostaroo for all audio applications $19.95
and while I was at it, I also ordered
Koss VC20 external Volume Control $8.19
Though this is unnecessary, I thought it would be nice to have.

·
Registered
244 Posts
BlueAnt Interphone all the way. Works with my mp3 player, works with my phone, and it works for intercom between me and a riding buddy. Love it, perfectly loud, perfectly comfortable, perfectly easy to install.

I mostly just use it for the phone. I try not to talk on the phone while i'm riding but it's a whole lot faster to answer the phone and tell them you are busy then it is to pull over to the side of the road every five minutes and take off your gloves stand up reach in your pocket fish out your phone dial a number.. take off your helmet or scream through your visor.. weak...

Interphone is the way to go for sure.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I was shopping at Kohl's and they had a set of ear muff speaker inserts on clearance for like six bucks, wish i would have bought another couple of sets. That was like three years ago I have not found any since, but I have not needed to either, mine are still working GREAT. Ear muff speakers who would have thought??? They're flat I slide them in next to my ears and I wear a small helmet, I can also hear everything I need to, the music just adds to the experience.

·
Registered
206 Posts
I put in a set of soft earplugs to knock the wind noise down when I'm wearing my half helmet. I can still hear, just at a reasonable level, and don't get blasted by the wind. That combo is more comfortable than my FF helmet. The earplugs are nice and cheap:HEAROS.com

·
Registered
4,448 Posts
i use these.... always...

sony sport earphones

i plug it into my zumo 550, and the sound is awesome :)

i just need to get an audio extension and run the wires (mic and headphone) under the tank.

if i just want to get rid of wind noise i just use some of these

·
Registered
224 Posts
i'm surprised no one is using the most simplest wireless setup i could have imagined... lol

1. Ipod
2. Itrip (wireless transmitter to FM radio station)
3. Sunglasses with built-in FM radio

Set your Itrip to a designated FM Channel
Scan your sunglasses radio to that channel

Setup desired volume (built in)

Enjoy the ride, no wires, no headaches :)

·
Registered
4,448 Posts
it's illegal to have earbuds/earphones where i am, but not ear plugs... i do it anyhow :)
also... i don't use my ipod anymore even though i have the fm transmitter ...
i like my garmin with the 8gig memory card...

i find FM isn't as clear as wired... i spent some time looking for bluetooth earbuds, but from the reviews i've read online, bluetooth sounds like crap...

·
Registered
224 Posts
yeah, the cheap bluetooth ear plugs are not that good for clear audio.

Yeah, the FM is definitely not as good as wired, but I HATE WIRES, they get stuck on my stubby face (i shave once a week...lol)

But being that you are riding a bike, the ambient noise makes everything sounds like crap anyway :)

21 - 40 of 77 Posts