Motorcycle Forum banner

41 - 60 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
4,448 Posts
i'm lucky if i shave that often ;)
the headphones i have come with a clip on the wires and i clip it on the helmet strap...
the garmin has really good sound and is really loud... i can't even put it to max volume...

i'm wondering what would happen if i dumped the bike... would the earbuds rip my ears off? heh.
i'm thinking of putting the wires inside my jacket, towards the tank and have it plug in there. (i'd route a cable extension for both mic and headphones under the tank to the garmin...)
easy on, easy off... i hope

·
Registered
224 Posts
yeah,
At the end of the day it's all about your personal preference :)

·
Registered
4,448 Posts
that is true... some it's to kill road noise, some for intercom... but for me, it's to make my ear almost bleed with music :)

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Does anyone use speakers in the helmet? So far it seems like most people use some type of headphones/earphones to listen to music. I'd like something I can put behind the padding in my full face that has a break away cable so I could just unplug and walk away from the bike. I'd also like something that would more or less be permanent in the helmet. I tried earbuds, but my head is just too big and there is not enough room for me to slip a helmet on and keep anything in my ear.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Does anyone use speakers in the helmet? So far it seems like most people use some type of headphones/earphones to listen to music. I'd like something I can put behind the padding in my full face that has a break away cable so I could just unplug and walk away from the bike. I'd also like something that would more or less be permanent in the helmet. I tried earbuds, but my head is just too big and there is not enough room for me to slip a helmet on and keep anything in my ear.
I know there is a lot of doubt in the bluetooth market right now. The reason is that all of these companies keep advertising their intercoms that have "added bluetooth technology." What happens when they do this is that some intercom or CB guru's add a crappy version of bluetooth tech. and it never works right.

Blue Ant is different. They are a leading bluetooth company, and they rock at it. So the BLUEANT INTERPHONE is a fantastic and permanent solution to your headset woes. It's a system that you install behind the foam in your helmet and it has 1 speaker and 1 boom mic. It can be used with either open faced or full faced helmets. Not only can you sync it up with a bluetooth Ipod kit but you can sync it to your GPS or your Phone and either play music, navigate, or make calls from there (everyone who hears me on the phone swears i'm sitting in a quiet rooim talking to them because of the noise filtration system even though i'm traveling at 80+MPH). It will store pairings to all of your devices at one time and you can easily hear this thing traveling at 80+MPH whether it be music or phone conversations or navigation directions. I use it to listen to my Ipod as well as to use my mobile phone. I have had it for over a month and have yet to recharge it. It doesn't have to attach to your bike battery to urn well. You can talk on the phone for a huge amount of hours on it but it will also sit in standby(which is paired to your phone and on, ready to use) for 700 hours without running out of juice. I really recommend this thing as I've gotten some great use out of it and I think people are not buying it because of the fact that it's new and also because of the failures that traditional headset companies have had with incorporating bluetooth into their products. Also, it's a fairly cheap solution as I got mine on Newegg.com for 130 shipped and it's got a 2 year warranty if anything happens.

Ok, that's just my 2 cents. I think I've mentioned this thing before but I just wanted everyone to have the facts(and opinions...) on a product that I just could not live without.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Thanks for the review '08 M50 Rider. I don't think I will be using the phone option but the bluetooth music capabilities are very intriguing as my earbuds don't stay in well and start to hurt after a while.

How is the clarity in listening to your iPod with this single speaker?

·
Registered
244 Posts
Thanks for the review '08 M50 Rider. I don't think I will be using the phone option but the bluetooth music capabilities are very intriguing as my earbuds don't stay in well and start to hurt after a while.

How is the clarity in listening to your iPod with this single speaker?
Obviously Mono sound is a downside but in CA regulations state that we can only have one side anyway so There was really no option there for me. Blue Ant does say that they are going to release a 2 sided version of the interphone at a later date so stay tuned for that. This version the quality sounds great for speakers but not as good as loud earbuds due to the fact that you can still hear the wind noise competing with it. It's probably just as loud as them, but more susceptible to being overwhelmed by world noises. I'll take that hit though for the lack of discomfort and of course the phone and sat nav capabilities.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Thanks again for the info ... just ordered mine off of newegg for $109

·
Registered
4,448 Posts
...It's a system that you install behind the foam in your helmet and it has 1 speaker and 1 boom mic...
said in the voice of the horse from ren and stimpy
no sir, i don't like it.

need both ears covered and loud... my music is important to me :b-rock:

·
Registered
244 Posts
said in the voice of the horse from ren and stimpy
no sir, i don't like it.

need both ears covered and loud... my music is important to me :b-rock:
For sure, but as I mentioned they are making a two speaker version shortly. The single speaker version exists mainly because the system was designed for open face helmets pimarily, but allowing for full face. Their full face model will come soon with both 2 speakers as well as a slightly narrower mic so there's more room in there although I don't notice any problems. I like my music too, I just like having one ear open to hear the road and the dangers present on it.

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
I've heard of BlueAnt before from people that say their hands-free car version was a nice setup. I have seen the interphone from them too, and I really do like it. Right now $100+ is a little high for me (why am I planning a wedding?!) and the other downside was the one-sided sound. I don't know if I'd use the phone portion though. I don't know if I could split my attention well enough between operating my bike and talking on the phone. but I love technology and I immediately looked at bluetooth when I started looking for helmet speakers. Its nice to hear that they are coming out with stereo bluetooth. Maybe once that hits I'll convince the fiance that I absolutely need one of those and she will loosen the purse strings. I have been looking at these UNiQ Cycle Sounds : Motorcycle Speakers & Motorcycle Audio Accessories but I can only find like two reviews (literally) for them and one is a great review and the other is a horrible review.

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
cyclesinct,

They are out of stock anyway.. :)
Yeah, I noticed. But that is far from the only place that sells them. Most likely I'd end up on ebay anyway looking for them. Was just wondering if anyone had any experience with that brand at all.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Has anyone tried one of the Baehr audio/intercom systems from JC Whitney? There are several versions which allow you to add more components, but they serve as an intercom and are also compatible with phones, MP3 players, handheld radios with the right cables. Check them out here: Baehr Parts & Accessories at JC Whitney

·
Registered
171 Posts
Blue Ant is different. They are a leading bluetooth company, and they rock at it. So the BLUEANT INTERPHONE is a fantastic and permanent solution to your headset woes.
You do realise that these were not made by BlueAnt, right? It really doesn't sound like you do since you say "Blue Ant is different". It's made by a european consortium and made by Cellular Italia, it's just badged as being a BlueAnt product. Read about it here: Interphone Bluetooth Intercom - webBikeWorld

It is a good headset though, just don't think it's really a BlueAnt product, as they actually started distributing it about A YEAR after it came out (yes I've been watching the progress of the Interphone since I first heard about it a few months before it was released).

·
Registered
68 Posts
Purchased through Amazon:
Upbeat Audio T613-BNC Boostaroo for all audio applications $19.95
and while I was at it, I also ordered
Koss VC20 external Volume Control $8.19
Though this is unnecessary, I thought it would be nice to have.
Thanks for the suggestion, I ordered this last week and it makes my setup worth while now.

The VC20 is kind of worthless with gloves on but, live and learn.

·
Registered
244 Posts
You do realise that these were not made by BlueAnt, right? It really doesn't sound like you do since you say "Blue Ant is different". It's made by a european consortium and made by Cellular Italia, it's just badged as being a BlueAnt product. Read about it here: Interphone Bluetooth Intercom - webBikeWorld

It is a good headset though, just don't think it's really a BlueAnt product, as they actually started distributing it about A YEAR after it came out (yes I've been watching the progress of the Interphone since I first heard about it a few months before it was released).
You got me. Most of the research I did for this thing was hands on. I didn't know it was going to rock when I bought it and have just been surprised since then how well it worked. Even so, I subsequently bought 2 other "blueant products" and have been equally pleased with both of them. Theres a lot that can be said about a store. If you go to walmart, you get crap, if you find a store that's more respectable, you end up with a better product and sometimes not for too much higher a price. I found the product exceptionally useful which was refreshing becuase I had bought some less useful motorcycle accessories recently and I just threw my 2 cents in with hopes that someone else could also have a successful purchase. Nothing more. thanks for the info though.

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
almost no company "makes" their entire product. I'm sure Suzuki didn't make all the parts for our bikes, and I know almost no electronics company makes their own pieces. Just about everything you buy was built with pieces from numerous companies. So, I don't see why it wouldn't be considered a blueant product.

·
Registered
4,448 Posts
i believe the m50 andthe mean streak share the frame if not just parts of it...
i know i read it somewhere... still trying to dig that up:)

41 - 60 of 77 Posts