Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know of helmet speakers that don't leave you with 24-36" of wire hanging from your helmet when not in use?

·
Dastardly villain
1,700 Posts
Anyone know of helmet speakers that don't leave you with 24-36" of wire hanging from your helmet when not in use?
I have found it pretty easy to route the wire back on itself in the cracks of the padding to resolve this issue. But I usually have used regular headphones and mocked them into the helmet instead of buying specialized helmet headphones.

·
Super Moderator
12,237 Posts
If you were a little bit closer to me, I could fix that for you in about 10 minutes....or less......with a soldering iron and some shrink sleeving. If the case comes off the plug, even easier.

A caution if you get a cord shortened: Figure the absolete most slack you will need and then leave a little bit more; it is hard to anticipate ALL the situations.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Helmet Speakers with Short Disconnect

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I just bought a set of sound isolating earphones (Shure SE115) from Best Buy. They are about 20 in. at the disc. point. They sound great, and are $100.00 a bit much. I have not used them on a ride yet. They don't stop all outside noise. It's like having earplugs in that play music.

·
Registered
5,376 Posts
Check out IMC Motorcom. The speaker cables get mounted under the helmet padding and the disconnect (on mine) is right at the edge of the shell.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Check out IMC Motorcom. The speaker cables get mounted under the helmet padding and the disconnect (on mine) is right at the edge of the shell.
perfect! thanks. I thought I'd seen this before but was coming up dry on google search.

How do you like them? Would you purchase again? I'll occasionally use it for tunes and maybe gps.

·
Registered
5,376 Posts
I would buy them again for sure. You're not going to get Dolby Digital sound out of them or anything and the volume is totally dependent on how much wattage your ipod/gps/whatever is pushing. They do work quite nicely though.

·
Registered
1 Posts
LG makes a blue tooth headset that is virtually wireless and hangs around your neck and has controls on it there is also a clone on Ebay for less I paid about 45 on Amazon Love it

1 - 12 of 12 Posts