Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, im mechanically inclined but im confused as to what could be causing this. I always have my bike on a trickle charger, battery shows between 90 and 100 percent charged. It has always started up perfect. Today i started it fine to pull it forward to place my jack under it, I hit the kill switch and turned it off. then I jacked it up, changed the oil, filter and gear oil. placed it down off the jack then when i go to start it it just keeps making a clicking noise under my seat. I dont get why its always started perfect even before the change and now its a machine gun sounding clicking under the seat....any ideas? before suggesting replacing parts lol.. thank you....yes kickstand was up, clutch in and neutral.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
its showing around 12.5 to 12.7 but ill try cleaning it..just dont get why started up quick no problem before the oil change then after 30 min later it starts to crank then just clicking at the relay

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I just tryed jumping, it sounded like it was just about to start then went to clicking again :(

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
nevermind, finally got it to start, i guess when i jumped it i didnt have the clamps on good..so i guess battery is going bad.

·
Registered
6,752 Posts
Could also be your kill switch I never use them as they are often a cause of problems...IMO they are for an emergency situation only. I know ER will shout at me but a good squirt of WD40 has always worked for me.

·
Super Moderator
12,157 Posts
nevermind, finally got it to start, i guess when i jumped it i didnt have the clamps on good..so i guess battery is going bad.
That would be my guess too.
EVERYTHING works just fine, right up to the point that it fails. Batteries too.
P.S. During the riding season, there is NO need to keep a tender on the battery all the time.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts