Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there I've been looking to buy louder Pipes for my 2013 Suzuki boulevard c90t ,and I can't find anything anywhere,according to the suzuki dealer there's non for this bike yet,but I'm not sure if believe them or not,please if anybody knows help me out here thanks

·
Registered
729 Posts
Hi there I've been looking to buy louder Pipes for my 2013 Suzuki boulevard c90t ,and I can't find anything anywhere,according to the suzuki dealer there's non for this bike yet,but I'm not sure if believe them or not,please if anybody knows help me out here thanks
I hope you don't find any louder pipes. I am not a biker either, (just been riding over 50 years).

·
Registered
1,823 Posts
Obviously you don't understand anything about bikes or be a Biker..,anyway if you don't wanna help I don't really give a damn man just don't even write
What part of being a biker means louder pipes?

·
Registered
17 Posts
I've perused the net for a set myself, but have had no luck. I don't necessarily want it loud, but dislike that it sounds like a scooter with an attitude.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
despite all the nonsense and miss interpretation about having louder pipes,the real reason behind this is let all the cars around us know that we're coming ,make noise with louder pipes allow us to been seen and avoid stupid people who are texting while they drive a car cut you off ,making turns without signal lights and create accident with motorcycles,which happens all the time by people who text and drive in most cases.believe it or not making some noise when you're coming allow you to get the attention of car drivers so they don't make stupid moves. now if you have another way to be seen ...good for you,my choice is have louder pipes

·
Registered
357 Posts
despite all the nonsense and miss interpretation about having louder pipes,the real reason behind this is let all the cars around us know that we're coming
I don't think you're being honest about why you want loud pipes.
Putting that aside for the moment, It is conceivable that making a lot of noise could help you get noticed. Why else would police and EMS crews have sirens? But, they don't ride with them on all the time because that would be obnoxious. If you really want to be able to warn cars about you, get a loud horn.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I guess every place is different. Where I ride, everybody's loud. The cars buses and jeeps are all honking, have noisy pipes etc...the bike riders need to be just as noisy or even more so just to get noticed. Nobody follows the rules either. So any way to get people to notice you is a good thing.

I guess in some areas in the US or Europe, it's not as necessary to be loud. People are aware and follow the rules.

Whatever area you're in you just have to go with the flow. If a bit more noise is ok, go for it. Otherwise, be a good neighbor and dial it down a bit.

I'm thankful that they're more accepting here. I really don't like the stock sound of pipes. Bike sounds choked and all I hear is the wind - I may as well be on a bicycle.

Sent from my LG-H818 using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
12,831 Posts
Obviously you don't understand anything about bikes or be a Biker..,
I understand it perfectly. I've been riding for a bit more than 50 years now.

I also understand that I can express my opinion the same as you can.......and will whether you like it or not.

Loud pipes risk rights.

·
Super Moderator
12,831 Posts
despite all the nonsense and miss interpretation about having louder pipes,the real reason behind this is let all the cars around us know that we're coming ,
That is pure BS.

The sound from bike pipes is projected backwards; cars coming from the front won't hear you any better.

As a matter of fact, sometimes really loud pipes piss people off enough that they might actually ENDANGER your life instead of save it.

Regardless, it is ILLEGAL....... and what you think doesn't change that.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Pipes actually help alerting drivers of the presence bikers on the left and right side.

Particularly helpful when they're in your blindspot.

But again it works for us because drivers here absolutely suck. It's absolutely vital to let them know you're there.

Sent from my LG-H818 using Tapatalk

·
Still crazy after all these years
14,185 Posts
Lors, it seems that you don't have much experience on a motorcycle yourself.

If you are riding in the blind spot, it's your fault. You have to ride defensively at all times - you have to think for all of the other drivers on the road, since they are mostly not thinking. You have to ride like you are invisible, because in most cases, you are.

Loud pipes don't change that fact at all. People drive while talking on the phone. People drive while listening to loud music. People drive at 55+ mph with the windows open and have loud wind noise in their car. Your loud pipes won't be heard until you pass them - when it's too late to have any potential safety impact for you.

If the sound of your bike is your only concern, you haven't understood riding at all. The feeling of being "outside the cage", enjoying the sights, sounds and smells that are often lost when you're in a car. Having a wide view of nature, not limited by the windshield, roof and hood of the car. The feeling of leaning into a curve and being part of the ride, rather than just being strapped into a seat and not "feeling" the road at all. Understanding that the journey can be more fun than the destination. And much more.

There's a lot more to riding than just making noise and drawing (mostly negative) attention to yourself.

Think about it.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts