Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have recentlly bought a GS650e

Decided that i would go for a ride , and about half a mile away the bike goes dead.

no ignition at all,so after a long push home i check the fuses and 1 has blown , i then replaced fuse and had power once again except for one part

No power going to the spark plugs , i used a electrical tester on the two coils and theres power running to the coils .

Any ideas would help a great deal

[/b]

·
Registered
635 Posts
connect a test light to the negitive side of the coil and ground. It sounds funny yes, but once you have made the connection, crank the bike. Your test light should flash or at least flicker. If it doesn't, you are not getting a trigger signal. Let me know the results.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
coils have been tested , and the two are fine.

I have been told that it is probablly the CDI unit as there is no spark coming from it when the bike is cranked over,

Maybea this is the probl;em?

·
Registered
635 Posts
so long as the signal is getting to the cdi box to tell it when to fire, and it's got power to it, I would then change the cdi box. There is no easy test for the cdi, you basicly test everything around it and then change it. It's a pain in the ass way to do things but hey, what can you do.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts