Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I am new to this so bare with me!

I recently bought a 1982 Suzuki GS750 and it has the rear fender and blinkers off the bike. (old owner was making it a cafe racer) I enjoy the classic style so I wanted to put them back on. As I was wiring them back in everything went great. Blinkers blinked! then the taillight won't light up when I hit the breaks. NOW the blinkers won't blink.:shock: They are staying lit. I think this means that the circuit isn't complete? Let me know if I am right. I checked the wires I connected and it all seems okay.

Let me know if you have any guidance!!! Thank you!!!

-Steve

·
Registered
6,783 Posts
Check the ground wire to all fittings then the indicator relay...on a machine the old it will be a round aluminium tube about the size of a film canister...it should click in time with the indicators flashing on and off. Also check your battery is fully charged and all cables are secure and clean.

The brake light switch may need adjusting or it might be faulty. Usually the switch will have a screwed section that the whole switch body threads through making it closer or further away from the mounting point on the pedal via the small spring. This causes it to come on earlier or later depending upon this distance. You might want to check the ground wire of the brake light and also dont forget the bulb...a twin filament is the norm and often the brake one is broken.

Good luck

·
Super Moderator
12,338 Posts
If the original design used the frame as negative ground, you might need to ADD a negative wire back to the rear fender to get a good ground again.

This was a common problem on the FRONT of some old Hondas.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts