Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone had problems with the front brakes becoming "grabby?" I can brake lightly and hard, but i cannot transition smoothly from light to hard (it goes from smoothe to very hard braking, making me lunge forward). Anybody else had similar problems? Its a naked KY

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
on my 02 the brake lever has a 6 position adjustment for lever feel have you adjusted yours? Changed and bleed your fluid in the last 12 monts?? Installed SS brake line??

That being said the brakes on the SV aren't grabby or the greatest, good yes but not nearly what you get on a GSXR.

·
Registered
10,553 Posts
The 6 position only makes the brake lever closer or farther doesn't it?

Oh , I see what you mean :)

Carry on...

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It turns out there was a bunch of grime built up around the piviot point. I just took the lever off, cleaned and re-lubed it. Works great now!

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
bigE said:
It turns out there was a bunch of grime built up around the piviot point. I just took the lever off, cleaned and re-lubed it. Works great now!
Bike maintenace on regular interval is a wonderfull thing. ;)

·
Registered
46 Posts
I've got the same problem going on :( It feels like the lever is whats sticking not the actual brakes. What all is involved in cleaning the lever assembly? I looked at it today on my lunch break, but I didn't want to get what I thought was something simple apart and not be able to get it back together...

·
Premium Member
20,860 Posts
I'd start with a degreaser/lubricant like WD-40, then use some heavier oil to relube it. Don't take it apart unless you have to.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It takes 5 minutes start to finish. All you need is a flat head screw driver and a 10mm wrench (maybe an 8mm). Unscrew bolt holding lever on, clean, re-lube and re-install bolt

1 - 8 of 8 Posts