Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Next up, I need these two combined...

60 Second Lesson: Starting on an Incline + 60 Second Lesson: Turning From a Stop =

120 Second Lesson: starting a turn from a stop on an incline...

I was at a stop sign, turning right, uphill into traffic, and dumped the bike. HELP!

·
Registered
272 Posts
Let me use my "Pyschic Friends" hat on....hmmmmmmmmmmmmm

CLUTCH IS YOUR BUDDY! Friction Zone! Remember you're not only getting started up you're going UP so don't be afraid to twist the throttle as you enter the friction zone.

Q for you? Did it stall? 'Cause if it did, you need more throttle and stay in the zone a little longer.

·
We're still thinking up a doozie
2,468 Posts
Crash -- I had a rough time working with the friction zone, despite my ability to find it in my cage. I can keep my cage perfectly stationary on a hill without putting my foot on the brake, and when I admitted this, the MSF instructor pointed at me and said he'd be watching me. But I tell ya: it's a whole new skill for me to hone, working with the friction zone on the bike. It's very much a building of a new habit as well.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Let me use my "Pyschic Friends" hat on....hmmmmmmmmmmmmm

CLUTCH IS YOUR BUDDY! Friction Zone! Remember you're not only getting started up you're going UP so don't be afraid to twist the throttle as you enter the friction zone.

Q for you? Did it stall? 'Cause if it did, you need more throttle and stay in the zone a little longer.

the sordid details are here...starting w/ post #11. :sad:

·
Registered
4,448 Posts
when in doubt, throttle out...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts