Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I hope this is the right place to post this. I am a rookie motorcycle enthusiast and have recently acquired a Honda Cb1 125 with a kick start down here in Central America. I learned to ride over the weekend from a friend and we've had some trouble starting it.

Initially there was no issue and we rode to a location in the hills to practice, however once we were at the top it didn't want to start. After playing with the choke and fuel valve a bit, we ended up just doing a rolling start down the hill. There was noticeable gas, but we filled more and went to another location and then had no trouble starting the bike up after being turned off. I briefly learned the basics of riding, and then parked it at my house.

The next day I tried to start it up and didn't have any luck. It sounded like it wanted to turn over, but was struggling to do so. Last night I did another rolling start and had it running for a little while, but being the rookie I am I killed it trying to ride around a bit. I tried starting it after, and it wanted to turn over more than before, but then no luck.

I am wondering what might be the issue as we were able to get it running from a push start, but after a while it didn't want to work. I'm going to check the air filter after work as there was a volcanic eruption here a while back and things are generally pretty dusty.

Any help would be appreciated to this rookie rider!

Thanks,

-E

Attachments

·
Registered
6,783 Posts
The dust issue may be a problem...it would bog down at higher rpms if the filter were blocked. I would be running some carb cleaner through and leaving it over night. Cleaning the air filter wont harm esp if it is very dusty. You can blow compressed air through it....in reverse direction...ie opposite to the normal air flow. You may want to check any fuel filters for clogging ditto the fuel valve and even the tank. If there is a drain on the float bowl I would open it and allow fresh fuel to flow through.

Finally the battery needs to be in excellent conditon...esp with a kick start...maybe remove the plug and check the spark....you can do this by fitting the spark plug back to the lead and touching it to the engine metal parts while kicking the bike over. The spark should be fat and blue....if its yellow or very small and weak it certainly will cause trouble. You can check the HT lead and cap for tightness and if the cable is old it may be brittle enough to crack and allow voltage to leak to ground....same with the cap. The cable should be tight at the cap end and the coil end.

Good luck

·
Super Moderator
12,342 Posts
If everything is functioning properly, you should not need the choke at all to start it when hot.

If you DO need the choke, that indicates that it is too lean.....from a vacuum leak or non-stock air filter.

Also you should NOT open the throttle at all until the bottom of your kick stroke.

Starting with a kick start takes some time to perfect the skill.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I will suggest you contact a dealership that will guide properly what the actual problem occurs in your motorcycle or using (Link Deleted) to reach the motorcycle mechanic recently I have an experience about motorcycle my brother have a sports bike he wash a bike from the service center as he reach the suddenly home motorcycle stop and does not start again he as many try to start bike but he has a bad luck he use towing service to reach the mechanic.

Moderators note:
Sorry but this looks too much like SPAM and the link has been deleted.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts