Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Magna

I have an 83 V45 It's a little rough but runs half way decent. I need to find a right side cover for mine. This place here is dangerous:mrgreen:. They made me start painting my bike, cutting the baffles out and things like that :lol4:, they have some great ideas and good info on this site and the people seem friendly enough.
I plan on painting the tank and side covers this winter. Got to get the dents out from the previous owner:roll:

And welcome to M-J

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 1985 Honda Magna VF700C. I am looking for a carb body for it because one of the carburetors has a crack in it. Can anyone help?

·
Registered
92 Posts
Dunno if these guys have a website.. APF Salvage in Fresno, CA.. They have a few Magna's out there.. I know they sell Carbs ( all 4 with intake for around $250. ) Or check EBay.. I just sold my '83 V45. I have a '82 Sabre 750 working on currently..

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just bought an 84 V65 with 21K runs great, but the seat is hurts after an hour, I've found an aftermarket seat for sale but it's on a 1984 v45 VF700 do the seats interchange?

·
Registered
398 Posts
I just bought an 84 V65 with 21K runs great, but the seat is hurts after an hour, I've found an aftermarket seat for sale but it's on a 1984 v45 VF700 do the seats interchange?

Seats will not interchange. The seats from any year V65 Magna will work. None of the others work. There isn't many options for the big Magna. Travlecade makes a seat. I am not sure if Sargent still dose, but they did in the past. I have a Corbin, and love it.

·
Registered
480 Posts
A group of V65 Magnas, a Super Magna (and Wild Willy. Had to be different, didn't ya? :hry: )
I'm on the far right on my V65 Magna. Red Jacket.
This was taken at our annual get together at Shell, Wy. where
we ride Beartooth Pass. Second weekend in August, and anyone/bike
is welcome. Contact me or WildWilly if you'd like to join us.

·
Registered
5 Posts
1- 83' V45 and I love it. Got mine off of Craigslist I'm the 3rd owner. Father and son owned it since it was born. Only gave 1400 for mine but only has 22000 miles on it. She was stored for 6 yrs. till I got it and she runs like a dawg in heat!:twisted:

·
Registered
13,238 Posts
just remember, these bikes have some oiling / lubrication issues. there are hacks to fix the shortcoming; which I found out about a bit too late.

·
Registered
398 Posts
just remember, these bikes have some oiling / lubrication issues. there are hacks to fix the shortcoming; which I found out about a bit too late.
If the cams are in good shape, and you change your oil they can go on for a very long time. It seems like the ones that had trouble it happened early in the bikes life. The problem is that they oil the cams with oil from the transmission side of the pump, which dose not run through the filter. Only the bottom end oils from the filter side. If you go to long without changing the oil dirt from the bottom of the crankcase can get up to the cams.

Dave Dodge sells a kit that feeds the top end from the filter. It consists of a plate that goes on before the filter with 2 lines that feed the top end. There are some knockoffs that only use one line, I would avoid those. Holeshot Performance also sells the same one as Dave Dodge Here is contact information. Dave's site is not ready, you will have to call or email him.

Dodge Racing Products
attn: Dave Dodge
2595 Davida Ave.
Fort Mohave, AZ 86426
Tel: (928) 387-1206
E-Mail: [email protected]
Web Site: www.drp123.com (under construction)

Holeshot Performance Products, Inc. Look under V4 Hondas

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just purchased a 1986 v45 700cc Magna and I love it. First two days put over 130 miles on her. 17K on the bike and still purrs nicely. Low center of gravity never thought riding would be so easy. I still have a lot to learn, but hope that these forums can be of help when needed.

Glad to be part of the community...

Jared

1 - 20 of 62 Posts