Motorcycle Forum banner

21 - 40 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a 1983 V65. Picked up in Sept. 2010. So so appearance, but man is it fast!
It needed a bunch of work, and I said "if this bike gives me 1000 miles, I've gotten my money". 2500 miles in addition to the
original 7024 miles, and it's running well. I should schedule it for a valve adjustment, and I'll likely do it myself, once I get the
tools I need, but any advice would be appreciated.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hello everyone,
I had a 1983 Honda V65 Magna from 1988 to 1999 and sold it with 60,000 miles.
Well since then I have had a Honda Valkyrie Interstate for the past 10 years and decided I wanted a change.
So I found a clean low mileage V65 with only 2 owners and bought it Monday night.

I'm reliving good times again !!!
These are awesome bikes and I'm so excited to have one again...completely stock except for a new Corbin seat.

I'm looking for the specs of this bike such as HP - 1/4 mile times etc.
Thought I might find them here somewhere but Have not yet searched much.

Happy to be here,

Gary​

·
Registered
2 Posts
hey cp,where did you find those pipes?where did you find that fly screen?and where did you find or how did you make your forward controls?want some..lol

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have been trying to register on the magna bbs forums and starting to get annoyed. I don't know what the problem is but I have tried two different e-mail addresses and it still gives error message. I disassembled the carbs on my 83 Magna v4 500 about a month ago and can't remember exactly how all of the linkage reconnects(I should have left them connected to the manifold....). Does anyone have any pointers or where to find a diagram I can actually see the details on??

·
Registered
398 Posts
I have been trying to register on the magna bbs forums and starting to get annoyed. I don't know what the problem is but I have tried two different e-mail addresses and it still gives error message. I disassembled the carbs on my 83 Magna v4 500 about a month ago and can't remember exactly how all of the linkage reconnects(I should have left them connected to the manifold....). Does anyone have any pointers or where to find a diagram I can actually see the details on??
Try registering with your Internet Service Provider address. Be sure to check your spam folder for the activation email, they sometimes end up there.

Read this http://v4hondabbs.com/index.php?topic=55998.0

·
Registered
7 Posts
Does anyone know if the K&G sliding backrest from a V45 Magna will also fit a V65 Magna ??
Also looking for a cover for the oil filter....anyone know where I might find one?
Been on ebay, craiglist and a bunch of other sites and they only have them for the V45.
The V65 has a larger diameter oil filter.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey there , i am new to this site but i also have a 3rd gen magna . It is a 1996 750 c . I added a dyno-jet kit , k/n filter , stock pipe mod . And just put a regina zx chain with 15/40 sprocket ratio on . This bike will flat out haul a.. I love them also magna owners of texas has a awesome site .

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just new here too. I picked up an '84 v30 with only a few good weeks of summer left (I got my riders' course August long) and Mother Nature has been very kind to me for my troubles! :bluethum: Got the bike for less than $1000 and after a few tweaks courtesy of my dad, it's running not too bad. Very nice bike to start on. I'm pretty pleased and this winter "Peanut" will be getting a custom paint job courtesy of my bro the custom king. 8)

·
Registered
2 Posts
'86 V45 I just got. I wanted one of these back in '82 and it has taken me until now to get one. I'm afraid they might be like potato chips. :D

·
Registered
1 Posts
Clutch Slave "Dink"

I just got my first bike a few weeks ago 84 Magna 700c. It's great except one thing...a small divot in the female end of the clutch slave (where the gasket rests). Is this normal? It was bleeding fluid when I bought it, but the clutch worked fine and changed gears like normal so it seemed to hold pressure.

I would really appreciate some help. We might try JB weld to cover it up but would some extra rubber work....or do I have to get a whole new part, for that part of the engine?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just bought an 84 V65 Magna with 20,495 miles on it. It's my first bike and I will admit it's got me a bit intimadated. And pointers on what I should and should not do on this beast as a first time rider?? Thanks.

·
Registered
418 Posts
I just bought an 84 V65 Magna with 20,495 miles on it. It's my first bike and I will admit it's got me a bit intimadated. And pointers on what I should and should not do on this beast as a first time rider?? Thanks.
Welcome. You should open an introduction thread and introduce yourself, you will probably get a lot more responses.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Sorry about that. I don't normally join clubs or do posts, bit I'm trying to get a handle on this sort of thing. Anyway, I live in the Northern Virginia area off of I-95 about 20 miles south of D.C. I have been a avid fan of the V65 since the early 80's. Its the only bike I have ever wanted to ride or own. After 20 plus years of searching I found this monster in the Shenandoha mountains and I knew I had to have it. I will probally be a weekend/summer rider going no further north/northwest than the skyline parkway in Virginia and south to Richmond, VA or east to VA beach. I hope to pick up some good riding and safety points about the V65 in this group. Thanks....

·
Registered
8 Posts
here are some pictures of my backrest. loved it when it was on my bike. i know it is rusty but i know it can be cleaned up. it is 30 yrs old. i am looking to trade it for a front seat for an 84. this came off an 86

yes it should fit your bike

21 - 40 of 66 Posts