Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought at Police auction stolen & recovered Honda : missing entire fuel system from gas cap down to the injectors.
I am building a trike with VW bug front suspension, tubular chassis to the Honda framed 'power-wheel'. (no forks).
Since the gas tank is positioned behind the passenger, a pressurized fuel system will not be used.
This means a gravity-fed carburetor on a custom-built manifold atop the V4 engine.
Long ago, I built a Porsche 912 manifold using a single 2bbl carb from a FORD truck.
Some 300K miles later it is still in service. The 912 is a flat-4 with long tubes to the center mounted carb.
The tiny vee-4 tubes will be 4" at the most, joined into a box with the carb mounted on top (or side).

What carb would you suggest ? Please,,, no side-draft Weber that cost over $500 !
I have a Mikuni jet-boat 'pumper' carb, with adjustable jets, suitable for a 4cyl manifold,,,

Any & all help is appreciated

·
Super Moderator
14,037 Posts
Any & all help is appreciated
Not sure you will consider this "help" but I think that you likely will end up spending WAY more time and money trying to jury rig that engine to run in a way that it never was intended to than it would to just find an engine that actually WORKS.
NOT something that I would consider to be a practical project.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts