Motorcycle Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I have been looking for a nice girl who really likes riding motorcycles, after trying 3 biker sites where you will meet a lot of a motorcyclists. And now I have to admit it, I want to give up, maybe the biker ladies do not like a bold biker man, or I did the wrong thing to communicate with them. I admit it I am a man who is not good at communication. Some of my friends told me I should try again, and where do I go to find a girl that like riding and doing things that are fun?

·
Still crazy after all these years
14,185 Posts
Based on personal experience (it's been a few years, however), I still think that you'll have better luck "in the real world" than online.

My recommendation: Get out there and ride. Go to bike shows. Go to biker events. Do what you love doing. You'll start noticing women at these events who may be looking for a partner. You'll have something to talk about - some custom bike, new helmet design, tattoo exhibition, whatever.

As I often told my friend back in college - you can't look for love. It's something that finds YOU.

·
Super Moderator
12,794 Posts
maybe the biker ladies do not like a bold biker man,
What exactly do you mean by "bold" ?

So here's a guess:
IF you have a bike that is so loud that it rattles windows when you rev it up
AND
You dress in "costume" when you ride.....that is leathers and patches and displaying a lot of "tats"
AND
You generally look like you haven't had a shower in a month.....whether that is true or not
THEN
You probably don't want the gals that image will attract anyway.

If you aren't catching any fish, change the bait. :mrgreen:

·
Registered
27 Posts
forget what you see on TV,hot biker girls,hot body,blond and wild...pfff don't believe the hype cause the reality is different, all you gonna see in bike shows or bikers bar is old girls with a headband and saggy boobs all over the place and the other half you will see is lesbian looking girls,trust me there's no hot females with nice body's hanging out there waiting for a rebel biker...

·
Registered
1,823 Posts
Don't try to hook up on an internet site. You'll end up meeting a crazy b!+c#. The other option is they'll only be into Harleys as if they would know the difference. Yes, some do. Your best bet is to find a nice girl and take her for a ride. The real world is the only way to be sure. My GF is a horse owner/rider. It didn't take but 1 ride to conform her.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Recommend that you get involved in the Bike runs, shows etc. and meet women in person. There are more and more women enjoying the road!!!

T

·
0 Posts
They are out there, just have to be careful of who you talk too because when you say you ride, they get a different idea about you, ha, ha.

·
Still crazy after all these years
14,185 Posts
Start showing off in front of biker girls, they might like you are be your partner.
And don't forget your Tic Tacs, in case you start kissing them...:roll:

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
You probably don't want the gals that image will attract anyway.
Way to go ER, you just insulted me, my wife and many of my friends who have tats and dress in traditional biker attire.
Some of the people I know who fit your disparaging stereo type remarks have the biggest hearts you could imagine and many are also proud American Veterans.
Being judgmental based on what someone wears or rides is pretty lowbrow. I know a lot of really great gals who fit that profile and would be the kind of girl any man would be lucky to have,including my wife.

·
Super Moderator
12,794 Posts
Way to go ER, you just insulted me,
I'm sorry you feel that way.

The fact IS that if you dress like a gangster, which IS where the look originated, there are a LOT of really good people who will never come near you.

If you can live with that, I can.

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
I'm sorry you feel that way.

The fact IS that if you dress like a gangster, which IS where the look originated, there are a LOT of really good people who will never come near you.

If you can live with that, I can.
Your perception of a gangster is simply wrong, the 1% as they call themselves are who you refer to and they did not originate the "look" at all.
Traditional motorcycle leathers are worn by people of all walks of life and go back farther than the outlaw biker persona, same can be said for tats.
The biker culture is something you plainly don't understand.
Anyone who is afraid to come near someone based solely on what they wear or ride is narrow minded and uninformed and they will miss meeting a lot of really good people. The fact is the traditional garb you frown on has been around longer than you and the ladies were wearing black leather and riding bikes way back in the day as well. You are simply perpetuating the stereotype that started with a work of fiction in the 1954 Brando film The Wild One and added to with a series of exploitation films by Roger Corman and others.
The other 99% of us are mostly good hard working folks like anyone else so take off your blinders and wake up, not even every 1%er is a criminal.
If you saw me on the street especially with my old '74 Sporty bobber you'd probably look down your nose at me but you'd be looking at a proud American, a hard working honest man with a family like anyone else, a man with a home worth over a 1/2 million dollars and with nice cars in the garage.
Yes I fit your stereotype until you get below the surface, everything I have I got the hard way, I worked for it.
I'm a registered voter and mostly conservative in my views but all you'd see is a scumbag biker in your little narrow minded view.
I have many friends that would agree with me 100% and not all of them are bikers, maybe you should try meeting some of us sometime.

·
Super Moderator
12,794 Posts
SIGH.
1) I could argue with several of your points but won't because it is pointless.

2) It is not MY stereotype but a VERY commonly held one. And it requires ALL (or most) of the pieces. Your arguments singling out the individual pieces of the "uniform" are nonsense. Of course simply wearing a leather jacket doesn't make you an outlaw.

I'm done. Like I said, if you wish to dress like a member of an outlaw motorcycle gang and thus look like a %%%%%%, you need to be willing to take the consequences that go along with that, including the biases and stereotypes. You SAY that it doesn't bother you but your protests say different.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Kind a walked into a hornets nets there Easy ... lol

Think this maybe a little bit better representation of your point. The kind of guys a girl would just love to bring home to mom and dad .... LMAO

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.