Motorcycle Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 3410 Posts

·
May 2007 Member of the month
7,992 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok,,, I admit it,,, I give up. I have been looking to find a nice, decent looking girl that will be willing to ride on my bike with me. I see it all the time on other peoples bikes,,, heck,, I have even seen girls on the back of other girls bikes,, but for some freak of nature I can't find one girl that is into riding to the degree that I am and is "Happy" to hop on and go for a ride. :roll:

I took this girl out that I have been dating a couple weekends ago and I thought everything was great,,,she has turned out to be emotionally unstable,, and now is telling me that when it come to my family, my friends (of ten years), my '68 Mustang, and my bike that she doesn't feel important and that my bike has to go. :evil:

I have known her for two and a half months,,, I have news for her,, she will have to go. I spend two to four nights a week with her (depending if it is her weekend with her kids),, I ride to work and home when I get the chance. I may ride one or two evenings for an hour or maybe two,, mostly one hour,, then on a weekend I may ride for half a Saturday or a Sunday,, which I haven't done in almost over a month. :evil:

The question is,, am I too involved in motorcycling,, is this normal,, or is she just a VERY insecure person. The second question is,, where do I go to find girls that like riding and doing things that are fun? :?:

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
if the motorcycling makes you happy as I'm sure it does then I would say she would have to go. If she can't accept you for who you are then that is her loss. As for where you find the bike girls. well, I'll tell ya when I find em.

·
Dogs Best Friend(admin)
9,643 Posts
I don't think you're too deep into the sport. She seems like she wants to see how far you'll go for her, and she probably won't stop until you stop her or you're running around holding her parasol.

Be patient, one will come along. Unless you're butt ugly, then I can't help you.

·
Registered
3,013 Posts
Time to move on. My Ex hated bikes and made my life miserable for 20 years! Keep what makes you happy and find someone willing to accept it. Or better yet, someone who enjoys it as much as you.

Don't be looking for a thophy, she won't make you happy. Maybe you need to find a girl with her own ride? I did and it's been great ever since.

Just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
stp1971 said:
,,,she has turned out to be emotionally unstable,, and now is telling me that when it come to my family, my friends (of ten years), my '68 Mustang, and my bike that she doesn't feel important and that my bike has to go. :evil:
Not a good sign. Can anyone say "red flag"???

Believe me, there are plenty of girls out there who like to ride on the back of a bike (or ride their own)!!

Keep looking. From the sounds of it, the bike isn't her only issue, it's just the first one that she picked. I'm sure after you got rid of the bike, the next thing would be to trade in your '68 Mustang for a mini van, and your friends for her friends, etc...

Sorry...but at least it came out after only 2 months instead of 2 years!

·
Squirrel Target
658 Posts
Riding style and comfort for the passinger, will make a difference on the willingness to get a passinger. Most are intrested, but if the ride for them is not comfortable, or they don't feel safe, they will be hard pressed to get back on.

As for you current situation, well, better to find out now than after your married.

·
Registered
407 Posts
stp1971 said:
The question is,, am I too involved in motorcycling,, is this normal,, or is she just a VERY insecure person. The second question is,, where do I go to find girls that like riding and doing things that are fun? :?:
Whether you're too involved in motorcycling...I don't know. However, this girl does sound like an insecure person and I say move on. As for your second question, can't help ya there, I'm not in the market for scouting girls... :wink:

·
Registered
637 Posts
Go one better, as gixxerdale said, find a lady who rides her own scoot. You will have a ton more fun riding when you aren't two up.

·
Beer. Nature's Unstoppable Force.
13,226 Posts
stp1971 said:
ok,,, I admit it,,, I give up. I have been looking to find a nice, decent looking girl that will be willing to ride on my bike with me. I see it all the time on other peoples bikes,,, heck,, I have even seen girls on the back of other girls bikes,, but for some freak of nature I can't find one girl that is into riding to the degree that I am and is "Happy" to hop on and go for a ride. :roll:

I took this girl out that I have been dating a couple weekends ago and I thought everything was great,,,she has turned out to be emotionally unstable,, and now is telling me that when it come to my family, my friends (of ten years), my '68 Mustang, and my bike that she doesn't feel important and that my bike has to go. :evil:

I have known her for two and a half months,,, I have news for her,, she will have to go. I spend two to four nights a week with her (depending if it is her weekend with her kids),, I ride to work and home when I get the chance. I may ride one or two evenings for an hour or maybe two,, mostly one hour,, then on a weekend I may ride for half a Saturday or a Sunday,, which I haven't done in almost over a month. :evil:

Can you say "Heave Ho! Hasta LaVista. Soyonara. Don't go away mad, just go away." :mrgreen:

Second part of your question....Didn't you mention something about Peachtree Street to me in another thread? :bluethum: LOL

·
7,992 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Cool,,, I am glad to hear that,,, I didn't think I was too involved,, I have been accused in the past of letting my hobbies drive alot of my life. But the bike I have thought I have been enthused,, but not obsessed.

I had to let her know a little while ago,, well here is what I typed when she emailed me and asked if I received her hateful email this morning.
"I did receive your email,, not really sure what to think about that, I appreciate you sharing your concerns with me and how you feel. I think I have alot to think about as well as you do. Hope you start feeling better."

I thought that was a easy way of getting out of it and not going into alot more discussion with her,, so she emails me back saying that she has to come in early to work today and we can talk about things.

I am listening to you guys and my friends,,, we have nothing further to talk about,, she needs to get her life straight and if she isn't happy for me and cannot get at least enthused about my happiness (would rather she be into my things as well), then therefore I see no reason to continue with this.

I am not getting rid of my Mustang,, I am not dumping my friends and family,, and there is no way in h*ll I am getting rid of my Intruder!!!!!

In fact,, I am going to tie that "Rat Fink" bobblehead down to the rear seat as my riding buddy for now. At least with him he won't complain,, he'll ride as long as I do,, and he will always be bobbing his head "Yes" to everything!!!! Ride ON Rat Fink!!!!

·
7,992 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
You know,,, you are absolutely right!!!!

intimid8er said:
Can you say "Heave Ho! Hasta LaVista. Soyonara. Don't go away mad, just go away." :mrgreen:

Second part of your question....Didn't you mention something about Peachtree Street to me in another thread? :bluethum: LOL
Yes I did!!!!! Forgot all about that!!!!! :mrgreen:

·
Beer. Nature's Unstoppable Force.
13,226 Posts
stp1971 said:
In fact,, I am going to tie that "Rat Fink" bobblehead down to the rear seat as my riding buddy for now. At least with him he won't complain,, he'll ride as long as I do,, and he will always be bobbing his head "Yes" to everything!!!! Ride ON Rat Fink!!!!
Listen to what your buddy the Rat Fink is saying

·
7,992 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Man I like that,,, haven't seen that one before,,, where did you find that? TOO FUNNY!!!! That was good for a laugh,, Thanks!!!!! lol !!!!!

1 - 20 of 3410 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.