Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
on a single tank of gas? I mean ballpark? 200-300? I'm assuming when it runs low I'll realize it soon enough to swith it to reserve? Sorry if this seems like a dumb question but I'm a new bike owner... TOo bad a gas gauge isn't standard... hmmm?

·
Registered
131 Posts
:welcomes: Hi I have a 2005 650 V-Star Classic, I usually went around 130 miles & filled up w/o having to go to reserve. I found out that 140/150 mi. made you switch so I just made a habit of getting gas before hand. By the way it is For sale if you have a buddy looking for one.
:bluethum:

·
Registered
36 Posts
the wife can ride it to about 150 before switching; i only make it to bout 135-145 before switching it over, strange she does the same thing in the truck???

·
Registered
36 Posts
not really, clutch isnt adjusted right so i speed shift it up and down only use clutch on start stop when i have to, guess i need to get the other miles on it and take it in for the first 1k tuneup or is it 600??? i found on a website last night that they make a clutch cable extension to better regulate the clutch free-play area; anyone else seen or use it???

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Okay 130-140 mile range must be all highway? I put 135 on the bike last week and went to fill her up only to find that she would only take about 2.8 gallons... With a 4.2 gallon tank there was quite a bit of gas left... I probably put 75 of the 135 on it in the city? So in town riding how many miles are we talking about?

·
Registered
908 Posts
kstateskier said:
Okay 130-140 mile range must be all highway? I put 135 on the bike last week and went to fill her up only to find that she would only take about 2.8 gallons... With a 4.2 gallon tank there was quite a bit of gas left... I probably put 75 of the 135 on it in the city? So in town riding how many miles are we talking about?
My g/f has one...city driving she gets 120 miles before she fills it up.

·
Registered
2 Posts
reserve/gas mpg on vstar 650

my tank lasts me about 160 no reserve. mostly highway. WITH reserve, i could MAYBE get about 180-190. never pushed it that far though. HOWEVER...when i ride 2-up, i look at filling up at about 130.

·
Registered
1 Posts
not really, clutch isnt adjusted right so i speed shift it up and down only use clutch on start stop when i have to, guess i need to get the other miles on it and take it in for the first 1k tuneup or is it 600??? i found on a website last night that they make a clutch cable extension to better regulate the clutch free-play area; anyone else seen or use it???
I’m curious so does your bike show ware from jumping while changing gears when you shift? For example if you were shifting on a turn and then suddenly your gear drive pops and spins your back tire out from beneath u?

Burning your gear box with high rev shifting. You can cut a straight pipe if you want louder.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts