Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got the rest of the gear lined up. Boots, jacket gloves, pants, M1 permit....
Now I need to find a lid for my spacially challenged head. I measure out at a whopping 26 1/4 inches. Most of the sizing charts I have seen stop around 25.xx inches. If anyone out there has a similar (or larger)problem, I would love to hear you solution. I'm thinking a Modular would work best for me, but at this point, I'm open to anything that is not going to cave my skull in when I TRY to put it on... :fight1:

·
Registered
783 Posts
Arai biggest is XXXL which is listed for 65-66cm. 26 1/4 in = 66.68cm. Your best option for finding a helmet would be to go to a motorcycle show with plenty of helmet vendors and their reps and try on all of their biggest helmets.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
ZOX 5XL fits!

Found a ZOX full face on classiccruiser.com. $119, and SLOW to ship (Free shipping). Only in black for the 5X(Lunar)
It fits my Space-Station sized head pretty good, a bit noisey but not too bad. I was actually able to squeeze into a Boulevard half helmet when I picked the bike up. had to use a quick release connector so the strap would be long enough. :whistle:

Everywhere I checked, the Vega 5X was unavailable

·
Registered
4,448 Posts
i'd say keep shopping and not buy everything online..
it's best if you keep trying helmets on for fit...
there's a few online places that have descriptions of what type of helmet for the type of head you have... oval, round... etc..

·
M-J Member of the Month!!
2,758 Posts
Arai biggest is XXXL which is listed for 65-66cm. 26 1/4 in = 66.68cm. Your best option for finding a helmet would be to go to a motorcycle show with plenty of helmet vendors and their reps and try on all of their biggest helmets.
I have to give a bump to that one. From my experiance at VIR is that the vendors know more about fitting than any one at a dealership. They will measure your head and change the pads until if fits perfict. And last weekend it saved me a lot of money on a new Arai as they are cheaper than a dealership and I got the best fit.

·
Registered
396 Posts
I have a HJC 3XL full face in black for my football head. It was the only one that fit that I could find locally. It still gives me a "Mikal Gorbachev" red spot on my forehead after about an hour of wearing it but, it's gotten more comfortable as it's broken in. I like it okay but I would like a flip up modular.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.