Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm a beginner crusier rider I am a big guy I'm 6'5 200 pounds and I'm wondering should I get a Vulcan 900 custom or a 1600 or a boulevard c90. I'm looking for advice on the biggest bang from my 5000 and something that's reliable fun and won't like I'm riding my kids bike. I'm not trying to offend anyone I'm just looking for advice I have no idea what to get so please construction advice would be greatly appreciated

·
Registered
2020 Suzuki Boulevard C50
2 Posts
I too am a bigger guy and fairly new to riding and just upgraded to a c50. At your size I don't thin k you need a 1600 but either a Vulcan or a c90 (or c50) should be fine with you.

·
Super Moderator
12,907 Posts
Test ride all the candidates.
Choose the one that feels the best.
In order to do that, you might have to get something a bit smaller and older to start on to get your license and a feel for what you really do like.
Like a Honda shadow 750 for instance.

I'm about a foot shorter than you but the 900 Custom was the best bike I ever owned......by a long shot.

·
Registered
249 Posts
As a current 900 owner, I concur with Easy. Best bike ever (and great on long rides) but test them out to see what's best for you.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am a similar size but heavier. I started on a 2007 m50. Loved the bike, indestructible and shaft drive. I did some mods over the years to make it fit better: John’s foward controls, 2 in riser and mustang seat. Just sold the bike in August with 87k miles on it. Great bike. Power was good except passin* on the highway under my 300 lbs. Though about upgrading to a M90 but decided to try an adventure style bike, Vstrom 650. my experience with Suzuki is the tech is not cutting edge but the bike is rock solid. If you tech or lots of expensive wrenching go elsewhere. If just want to ride Suzuki bikes are always ready.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts