Motorcycle Forum banner

I give up

2K views 10 replies 3 participants last post by  IdahoIntruder 
#1 ·
Front cyl 2000 1500 Suzuki cold replaced stated sig pickup cdi box battery starter cyl plugs got it to run on two cylinders but rough and only for a few minutes help me please.

#4 ·
but it makes me suspect timing based on its behavior.
No HIGHLY unlikely that there is anything wrong with the timing.
And if you go off chasing the ignition timing circuits and mechanisms, it likely will be a total waste of time.

Much more likely that you have an ignition or fuel issue.
I would change the plugs, check the wires and boots and put some B12 in the gas first.

Is there a stock air filter and stock pipes in place ??

#5 ·
Thanks for the reply (I didn't see the email come in for it) the previous owner threw a high flow k&n and a set of aftermarket pipes on it. So far looks like the exhaust gaskets were reused so I have them ordered, took the carb apart and noticed one of the choke plungers was damaged, and cleaned out jets. Tested out both coils one got damaged so that's being replaced.

#7 ·
Putting a stock air filter back on it will help it to run better.
And putting baffles in the pipes will help too maybe.

And even though you thought you cleaned all the jets, some are small and hard to even SEE.
Do give it a shot of Berrymans or Gumout too.

#9 ·
See and here I've already got the thing almost completely tore apart haha but the block is still mounted which is a plus. One would think good old suzuki would have let you check the timing without having to remove the entire block haha will double check the jets, plugs were replaced as well btw. And not that I believe him really but prior owner said it was filled with ethanol free about a month before I bought it. 👍 appreciate you Easy!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.