Motorcycle Forum banner

I need a name for my bike !

900 views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  Aussie Steve 
#1 ·
I'm building a new bike and I'm ready to put a name on the tank. Now, just so you know, it's not really a new bike. It's an old Honda GL500. You know, the one with the opposing ,sideways V-Twin motor. I'm building it in a style that may make you think it was built in the late 50's or early 60's. A sort of cruiser style. Not a bobber style like popular today but like it might have rolled off the assembly line in the 50's or 60's. I put in all this work and thought , "why not rename it too ? " . So , I'm right here in East Tennessee and I would like a name that would be common or used in that era. The only two names ( for make and model ) is , DAYTONA ROCKET and SPEEDMASTER PRINCE. I like either but I think you guys could come up with something even better. Please help ,I know you can .
Thank you, Mark

#3 ·
On the contrary, I've had this bike for about 10 years now. laying up against the wall in the shed. I'd take it out every few years and clean the carbs and it would start right up ! I did that till the old dry rotted tires wouldn't hold air even for a short run down the driveway and back. I think I paid some $300 bucks for it. I always had visions of what I would do to it and the plans changed little over the years. Now, I should be completely done by October this year. I put it in the big shed and started stripping it down about November last year. I think all total, I should have around $800 total in it when I'm done.
I've come up with another name to consider " THUNDERBIRD" . I'll make a decision in a couple weeks and get started making the nameplates. I sure hope some of you guys help with a name. Thanks , Mark

#4 ·
I was just joshing...I have seen Trucks here with name plates on the hood....one was 'Fueled by Debt' which I thought was amusing. I do recommend Deus Ex the web page has some interesting named stuff....one I thought was good ...long black for a....a black stretched machine I suppose.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.