Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Rode home from work today as I pulled into the garage and shut her off I got a puff of smoke from under the neck covers, and bike won't shut off...

Tried to restart and I have F1 message with blinking red light?

ANY HELP?

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Okay F1 message and blinking read light is only when trying to start after key is taken out. (confusing because key is out and bike on, so I tried to start it.) With the key in the bike starts fine.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Pulled into garage after riding home from work. As I killed it some smoke came from under the neck covers, smelled like burn wire insulation. I took the key out and the headlight, front running lights, and speedometer was still on. I drove it down to local dealer and they are going to fix it. Hopefully I'll hear from them tomorrow or early next week at the worst. For those of you who didn't or haven't taken the recall seriously, I suggest taking it in to your local Suzuki dealer and having it checked out. I thought it was no bid deal and I didn't have to worry about it. Bad deal 'cause I was really looking forward to some bike time in the nice weather this weekend.

I’ll post an update when I hear back from them....

Thanks for the concern!

·
Registered
5,555 Posts
To answer the thread title...........It certainly looks that way.

If so, it's a quick fix, shouldn't cost an arm/leg and the re-route should take care of that.

Good luck.

·
Registered
18 Posts
My Experience

I went to get gas... started the bike... rode home... the key stopped working! I could start it but couldn't kill the ignition... had to take the seat off and disconnect the battery...

Took the bike to the dealer had it fixed the next day free of charge...

Ride On

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
They are replacing the the wire that shorted. It was burned throught pretty bad and lots of bare wire exposed. I'm waiting for the part to arrive.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
My bike has been in the shop since i got burned by the recall. This Friday it will be three weeks. They haven't been able to get the part and don't know how much longer it will take. They told me they won't just rig it untill the part comes in but I'm going there after work to see if they will just wrap the wires and get me rolling again. Is anyone else dealing with this? Anyone have any info on the part?

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
which recall was this?

·
Registered
400 Posts
God that really does suck....I was holding off on bringing my bike in, but after what everyone has gone through, I think I'll have it checked. Wasn't there a website you could check your VIN number to see if it's part of the recall?

You're probably going to tell me it's through Suzuki...lol...duh...forgive me, I've been working a lot the past few days in wicked heat, so I'm a little fried...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts