Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Super Moderator
12,346 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Saw one at the dealers today; I think it was in for service.

Metalic silver, very low to the ground, a THUNDERING exhaust (might not be stock though)......and I don't like loud exhausts. MEAN machine for sure.

So, 109 owners, what kind of gas mileage do you get........15 MPG ?? :lol4:

·
Registered
677 Posts
Saw one at the dealers today; I think it was in for service.

Metalic silver, very low to the ground, a THUNDERING exhaust (might not be stock though)......and I don't like loud exhausts. MEAN machine for sure.

So, 109 owners, what kind of gas mileage do you get........15 MPG ?? :lol4:
Depends...do you mean Miles Per Gallon...or Minutes Per Gallon?? Either way, guess it wouldn't matter much.

·
Registered
729 Posts
I ride frequently with a guy who has a 109r, he gets around 40 MPG while at the same pace I get over 50 MPG with either of my bikes. The 109r is fast but can't keep up when we get to the curves.

·
Super Moderator
12,346 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The 109r is fast but can't keep up when we get to the curves.
"Keeping up" on the curves isn't a high priority for me......but with such a low center of gravity, that surprises me a little.
Of course, that's often more a function of the rider than the bike.

I figured the mileage would not be too high.....with one of the largest engines available and all.
Probably WAY too much machine for me......but it never hurts to dream a little. :mrgreen:

·
Registered
396 Posts
They are a sweet looking machine for sure. I think the lack of cornering ability has some what to do with the phat rear most owners go to as a mod, 280-300 rear end would make any bike harder to lean. I've got my eye on the 109 as a future upgrade from my current 50 but that's years down the line... I've still got lots of miles to put on before I could justify dropping the dollars on a new bike.

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
I have ridden regularly with a few m109 riders and, have no doubt, it is a fast machine. Traffic light to traffic light there's nothing to outrun it. But it seems most riders adopt a point and shoot kind of riding style as it is a very heavy machine. And on the infrequent times we have been on the dirt the 50 is in front waiting for the 109s. It's sort of a lumbering powerful beast, but beast is the operative word.

All the 109 owners in the Oz Boulevard club I ride with, they love their beasts.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Yes gents i purchased a M109R due to is fuel economy, really if your thing about fuel economics get a vespa.

Sent via electronic carrier pigeon

·
Super Moderator
12,346 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Do a search on M109Rs here or on other sites. Great machines, but there have been some reliability issues.
Oh sure......just stomp on my dream !! :lol4:

Actually just seeing ME on a 109 would be pretty much of a joke, I think.

If I really was going for that much HP.....and money......it probably would be a Vmax......which would be even more pathetic.

Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
60 Posts
250k a tank, around town (19lt)
More reliable than most, if you check you will see that most problems are due to or are with mods.

·
Registered
6,787 Posts
So Ken you bought one yet? Cornering can be an issue as the ground clearance with the standard mufflers is not too good...so I understand.

Ps not too sure about that headlight shell...bit Darth Vaderish for me....still 'the force may be with you' :bluethum:

·
Super Moderator
12,346 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
So Ken you bought one yet? Cornering can be an issue as the ground clearance with the standard mufflers is not too good...so I understand.

Ps not too sure about that headlight shell...bit Darth Vaderish for me....still 'the force may be with you' :bluethum:
Oh man, with those twin air filter covers on each side and that pointed headlight.......it looks like a big BUG from outer space comin' to GET you. :shock:

:lol4:

I'm sure that I wouldn't have a problem cornering; I don't ride a cruiser like it is racing bike.......and I know which way to lean.
I'm also sure that it is WAY too much bike for me......but I might test ride one just for grins.

·
Registered
60 Posts

Come on Steve you know you love it.

ER, yes do ya self a big favor take one for a test ride, you must just to stop the little voice in ya head LOL.

·
Registered
6,787 Posts
Come on Steve you know you love it.

ER, yes do ya self a big favor take one for a test ride, you must just to stop the little voice in ya head LOL.

Think I'l stick with the Busa for now...love those 'Old' new Triumphs and accidently drooled on a Moto Guzzi cafe racer look alike at the local stealers the other day...If I only had the dosh!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts