Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Welcome aboard, Lsweeney! That's a beautiful front end and no doubt there's some guys here who have TONS more experience with the Japanese bikes. If I were to take a wild stab at it, from the flared fork brace above the front fender, I'd say Gold Wing, unknown model, "maybe" 1980's vintage ? Not sure if the tube reflectors would have been stock or if they're add-ons. Looks like someone did some shaving & polishing and wouldn't surprise me if there's other mods that were done to it. If it is from a Gold Wing, pretty sure the maker of the front end would have been Showa.

Sorry, but that's all I got..........LOL!

Is that your trike ? Very nice!...........Welcome once again & Ride Safe.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Welcome aboard, Lsweeney! That's a beautiful front end and no doubt there's some guys here who have TONS more experience with the Japanese bikes. If I were to take a wild stab at it, from the flared fork brace above the front fender, I'd say Gold Wing, unknown model, "maybe" 1980's vintage ? Not sure if the tube reflectors would have been stock or if they're add-ons. Looks like someone did some shaving & polishing and wouldn't surprise me if there's other mods that were done to it. If it is from a Gold Wing, pretty sure the maker of the front end would have been Showa.

Sorry, but that's all I got..........LOL!

Is that your trike ? Very nice!...........Welcome once again & Ride Safe.

Yes it mine, bought it about 4 months ago. Thanks

·
Registered
98 Posts
Man, that's righteous! A lot of thought went into that build and no shortage of detailing. Love the exhausts! LED's as well, very tight machine.

I understand what you're saying about not taking credit, but it's really all good. Probably won't build anymore, but I'll always modify whatever bike I ride. Over the years have bought a couple customs (one pick-up, one Harley) that someone else built. Same as your's, the builders were quite capable and I never regretted having bought 'em. There's also Pride in ownership and letting others find pleasure in admiring your machine. It really is all good.

You know it's good to have you on board here. If you're ever looking for a trike specific forum in addition to here, I've known a couple trikers and they enjoyed this place:

www.triketalk.com

Enjoy and Ride Safe.......

1 - 7 of 7 Posts