Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
887 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just started my bike tonight for the first time in three months. She has sat outside practically uncovered since I moved here. I just ordered a new seat cover since the old one is ripped, I will be changing the oil over to synthetic this week sometime and then I have to replace the spark plugs, adjust the valves and tune the carbs. After that she'll get a good bath and I think I am going to remove the "flame" stickers.

I don't know how much riding I'll get to do this year but hopefully I can get some in and at least my bike will be getting some well deserved attention.

·
We're still thinking up a doozie
2,468 Posts
It's okay. She understands -- or will when you get back on her again.

In the meantime, get a live chicken, a few bulls, and make the sacrifice to the riding gods. THEM ain't so forgivin'!!! lol ;)

·
Registered
887 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's okay. She understands -- or will when you get back on her again.

In the meantime, get a live chicken, a few bulls, and make the sacrifice to the riding gods. THEM ain't so forgivin'!!! lol ;)
I'll toss a weasel in my dad's chicken coop, I think he'd do the sacrificing for me. The gods are gonna be really mad now. Two bikes and no time to ride...

·
Registered
908 Posts
I just started my bike tonight for the first time in three months. She has sat outside practically uncovered since I moved here. I just ordered a new seat cover since the old one is ripped, I will be changing the oil over to synthetic this week sometime and then I have to replace the spark plugs, adjust the valves and tune the carbs. After that she'll get a good bath and I think I am going to remove the "flame" stickers.

I don't know how much riding I'll get to do this year but hopefully I can get some in and at least my bike will be getting some well deserved attention.
I'd say just go get a cover for it now.

·
Registered
887 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've got it in the garage for now. I had a cover but it got lost to a wind storm at some point because I didn't actually tie it to the bike, just to itself.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts